cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coug

All puppy mills should be closed

What Is a Puppy Mill?

A puppy mill is a large-scale commercial dog breeding operation where profit is given priority over the well-being of the dogs. Unlike responsible breeders, who place the utmost importance on producing the healthiest puppies possible, breeding at puppy mills is performed without consideration of genetic quality. This results in generations of dogs with unchecked hereditary defects.

Puppy mill puppies are typically sold to pet shops—usually through a broker, or middleman—and marketed as young as eight weeks of age. The lineage records of puppy mill dogs are often falsified.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
coug

My Shaden was in a puppy mill for 8 years before it got raided. I adopted her 3 years ago and she had many issues. It took me years of love and patience to make her like a regular dog.When I first got her I put her on the couch and she jumped off without even putting her legs down. OMG I was horrified she fell right on her head. I had no clue she never jumped before. So I had to start day one with her like a puppy

I taught her how to use steps and eventually the doggy door.She has 3 brothers and sisters who have taught her how to be a dog. I am happy to say she is now a happy puppy! Runs through the house and rarely walks lol

0 Kudos