cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

chris65

Finally bit the bullet

Well, I did it. I had set my quit date as Feb. 13, and while it has only been 3 days, I am proud to say that I haven't smoked since then. I am not using a quit aid at all. This will be my first "cold turkey" quit attempt.

Day one and two were absolute hell. Day one was a roller coaster, complete with radical mood swings, tonnes of cravings and general emotional instability. Woo hooo!! One of my cravings lasted over 6 hours. When it finally subsided, I was exhausted and my body was ridiculously sore (all that clenching and shaking - 6 hours is a long time).

Day two was less of a roller coaster - I was just cranky and angry all day.

Day three has given me a bit of a break - some time to collect my thoughts while I have a calm and rational mind.

It scares me a little that in such a short time, I have noticed improvements in my circulation. I have certainly noticed improvements in my breathing, but I expected that. I didn't expect such a sudden change to my circulatory system.

Anyways, I thought I'd get my stream of consciousness out of my brain and on to e-paper.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
melissa2

Awesome Chris!
It is hard to quit cold turkey, hang in there it does get better.
0 Kudos
judy11

Great Job Chris, It's been 10 days since I smoked. Every night just before I go to bed I thank the Lord that he gave me the courage to not have a cigarette that day. You might want to thank the lord for help you through the day.
0 Kudos
bonnie10

Congrats Chris, I also quit cold turkey and now am smoke free for month. The first three days were the worst and you made it thru so keeping going, its worth it, your worth it. When the going gets tuff, I remind myself of the reasons I am quitting and that helps me get thru my craving. Keep up the good work.
0 Kudos
anna12

MyHotComments.com
MyHotComments
Hopefully today will be less of the roller coaster for ya! Stick with it, you ARE doing this and I'm proud of you! Keep up the blogging! It does help to get it out on e-paper! LOL

XOXO =0)
0 Kudos
grace3

GO TO IBSEXXY.COM
IBSEXXY.COM
You are doing great. One day at a time.....
0 Kudos
laura30

3 DAYS AS A NON-SMOKER!!! And cold turkey to boot!! You are doing great!!!

Awesome Pictures, Images and Photos
0 Kudos
chris-hollis

Way to go Chris! I'm on day 17 and doing it cold turkey as well. In the end, I decided to just get through the withdrawal as quickly as possible instead of protracting it on and on. Mine wasn't nearly as bad...........good for you for hanging in there. Now, if you don't want to put yourself through that again - DON'T smoke again. That's my plan anyway.
0 Kudos
chris65

You're all awesome! What a support network!

I thought I'd follow up. I'm on day 6, and hanging in just fine. There have been some small cravings here and there, but nothing huge. I don't think anything will compare to day one.

Thanks for the support!
0 Kudos
andrew3

Always keep that day one in mind! If you have already tried to quit then you know the road is still very long. I am at week 3 and feel I no longer have the need of smoking, and that I am healed. However I know that the cravings are just biding their time, and waiting for the perfect time to strike. You need to keep positive, and keep your guard up. When you feel like a big craving again, come here write how it feels, use your tools to help you stay quit! You are doing a great job keep up the great work.
0 Kudos