cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
candylance

What to do on days that you want to snack, snack, snack!!

Yesterday I hit my 130 and left NML today. Yesterday on day 130 I was sooo depressed or I probably say down in the dumps, I snacked all day. Didn't eat one meal except for breakfast and drank at least 4 diet sodas. (Iusually limit myself to 2). I don't know what happened except I want to start working out again and the doctors won't let me because of my back. Think i'll go back anyway. I had lost 2 pounds but after yesterdays's snack-a-thon, I only lost half a pound at Sunday weigh in. I think i should have left the house. Anyway the damage is done and I plan on chewing sugar free gum whenever I get the munchies.

0 Kudos
22 Replies
moody_9-18-13

When I quit smoking I made a promise to not have any cigs around the house where I would be tempted! (I know, your husband smokes, so that wasn't an option for you).

However, I'm applying the same principles to quitting smoking. I stopped buying sugary things, snack food junk and replaced my snacks with healthy fruits and veggies. It took something like not being able to zip my pants to cause this change in my eating habits! I'm beginning to love Healthy Balance Cranberry Juice, mixed with their Apple Juice. Only 20 calories per 8 oz. and over crushed ice it's delish!

I am happy to report I have lost a full pound this week! I can't tell it yet, but it's a start!

0 Kudos
candylance

Yay, Moody! One pound is great!! ONE DOWN!!!!

0 Kudos
candylance

Really interesting!! I just checked my Quit Plan and the day that I was most likely to smoke was SATURDAY at 4 PM. That was my SNACK, SNACK, SNACK DAY!! It was just interesting that it coincided with the day that I smoked the most. I am now aware and will plan to go to the YMCA this coming Saturday and try to work out on machines that won't hurt my back. I THINK IT CAN BE DONE and I WILL LOSE 2 POUNDS THIS WEEK!!

Candy        d132

0 Kudos
candylance

I went to the store yesterday while all the crowd was buying milk and bread before the BIG snow, all of 1 inch. I went, however to buy fruit, grapes, green and red seedless, and apples. I still find me wanting to fill that feeling of oral gratification, so now I fill it with grapes, apples and baby carrots. The celery, I want stuffed with creamed cheese, the light, so I don't do that as often. I don't see much participation so I've been using y'all as a kind of diary for myself. Thank you, even if you just read.

Candy    d134

0 Kudos
ShawnP

Candy, did you ever try peanut butter and raisins stuffed in celery? i heard that but never tried. I can't eat raw vegetables 😞 I have been thinking of ways to make salad. I was always raised on lettuce, tomato, cucumber and dressing. So many options today where you can get fruit, veggies and meat. The thing i am finding hard is, i work at night so when i get home, i want to eat. Am wondering if i have my dinner then after cleaning 5 hrs, would i gain weight with it being so late?? any ideas? during day i am not hungry much.

0 Kudos
candylance

I'll try the peanut butter(great protein) and I eat raisins as a snack all the time. In your case, I think you should take a break to eat if possible while cleaning. Make yourself eat breakfast!! I fix a smoothie with frozen peaches and frozen banana pieces with stevia and skim milk. It's light but keeps you going. I buy bananas at the store, let them ripen, peel, and tear into inch pieces, then freeze in baggies. Mix in a blender. Maybe you could take this with you in a thermos to work at night. I really don't know about your eating time. Try to eat like a king at breakfast, a queen at lunch and a pauper at supper, as the old saying goes. I have lost a couple of pounds this week and will go back to working out in the morning. I go to Curves and they make exceptions for me and my disabilities. Haven't worked out since my MRI. Love you and wish I could help more.

0 Kudos
ShawnP

Smoothies sounds good. I haven't made those in awhile. I did have breakfast today. Not exactly the healthiest but it was a Banquet sausage and gravy pot pie. I didnt eat lunch and my dinner now is at 11:02pm. I made a chef salad. See how messed up i am? lol. But i did get 7,762 steps in at work. Hope my metabolism is still up to burn this salad. 

0 Kudos
moody_9-18-13

Shawn, I don't think dinner at 11 pm is very good for you, but you got a ton of steps in at work. I'm no expert, but maybe we need to relearn life without stuffing our faces! I have never eaten so much food in my life as I have since I quit smoking. Honestly, this is harder than quitting smoking for me.

0 Kudos
candylance

I agree, Moody!! I think about eating more than I thought about smoking!! It was a breeze to give up alcohol (and I loved the buzz) compared to giving up smoking!! Where do we do the WEIGH IN on Sunday? 

0 Kudos