cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jr_whitty

Feb. 5th : How's everyone doing?

Okay,  It's Feb. 5th,  five days into our new lives without smoking, right?    How's everyone doing with it?  What method/ plan of attack has everyone been using?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
catsalvano

I’m on day 2 and it’s sooooo hard. I work in an office and used to smoke breaks. I’m just trying to do deep breathing. I have gum and chewing on straws and a lot of water - but today is sooo hard 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your two days smoke free.  It happens to the best of us, but you responded to an old post so you probably won't receive a response from that person.  But that's OK.  The rest of us are here to support you on your journey.  Are you able to go for walk on your break?  Walking really helps to refocus.  And, chewing on straws was one of my favorites.  I could really destroy them!    Good that you reached out and please continue to do so if and when you need support.  We're here for you.

Barb

0 Kudos
catsalvano

Thank you for responding!!! I’m still getting used to how the site works - haha. Typically I could walk but it’s been raining straight for the past 2 days - of course. I did walk around the office a little bit just as a break. How long did it take you for the worst of it to pass?

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

I responded to your other post.   We're all different, but certainly have much in common:

"Nicotine withdrawal symptoms usually reach their peak 2 to 3 days after you quit, and are gone within 1 to 3 months. (1) It takes at least 3 months for your brain chemistry to return to normal after you quit smoking. (2) The last two symptoms to go usually are irritability and low energy."  I had very little physical withdrawal symptoms.  Mine were more emotional and lasted a good while.  

The important thing is to have a go to plan.   Did you identify tools to use?  I walked, chewed on straws, sour candy and video games.   Deep breathing is also so great to ride out a crave.  I had to keep moving, but other quitters are very tired and need to rest.   It's a good time to take care of yourself because this will pass.

Barb