cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

richard2

Not Enough Feedback From Members

Hi Everyone, I just have a small question to ask the group,why is it that when I leave a comment or type a meaningful blog I receive very little feedback,and other members send in stories not even related to quit smoking receive a large amount of feedback.Today is my quit day,this situation won't trigger me to continue smoking.I thought maybe I just wasn't part of the loop.Good Luck to all. Richard
0 Kudos
2 Replies
daisy

Hi Richard I'm with you we should encourage everyone, good luck!
0 Kudos
kristen14

I know this is old, but i wanted to comment in case other people who feel the same are reading it looking for answers...
I think there are a couple reasons this happens the first being there are some on here who have been a member of every month quit date this year, they try they fail and try again, and it is GREAT that they keep trying but those people are usually the most active people on here and have aquired the most friends. Therefore they get ALOT more feedback than a newer person. not everyone can see your blogs on your page either so when you DO type a blog leave a comment for the group to check it out!
The other reason that this happens is because a board like this has a constant swinging door. People get all gung ho about quitting, quit for 2 days, realize how hard it is and disappear. There are so many people coming and going constantly, you can see it in the groups for example July quit dates group has 289 members of those members I say maybe 10 post consistently. I posted something in there 2 days go and there have only been 2-3 posts since where as that should be the MOST Buzzing group right now.
I really think that the people who CREATE the groups should be more involved in welcoming people and encouraging them to talk.
And lastly, people are Cliquie...no matter where you go and what you do people judge you. If you rub someone the wrong way, especially during nicotine withdrawal they are pretty much going to write you off lol
So remember when you post a blog, just post a short note in your groups that you posted a blog on your page and would like some feedback and i am SURE you will get it! 🙂 Make friends ADD friends and check out their blogs and comment on their pages. As the old adage goes the more you give the more you get!