cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

pat-f

Has anyone had physical pain??

Last night I was sitting at home watching TV and a craving started. I started breathing deeply which usually helps but as time past I started to have pain in my stomach. Pain like I eat something that wasn't exactly fresh. It didn't last long. I just kept breathing and it finally stopped. I don't believe I've ever felt actual pain before. I'm curious if anyone else has had this too?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
edith2

Smoking affects us in many ways and does damage to parts of the body that we didn't think would. I'm not a doctor, but we do have a doctor on this website. Click on "members" at the top of the page and type in Dr. Hurt. I would also suggest googling "effects of smoking." I don't recall having that problem, but it certainly deserves attention.
0 Kudos

I have had several different types pains, most being rather short term. They have all been associated with either a "trigger" or a craving. Sharp stomach pain and headache pains seem to go hand in hand with the denial to give-in to them for me. The most troublesome of my pains was an all-over ache which lasted several days. This apparently was the direct result of being all blocked up. Since upping my fiber intake I have not had any furture discomfort. I've been blocked-up before, but I never experienced a full body ache like that before!
0 Kudos
lana3

I think since I quit I am going through a hypochondriac phase. Every little ache aor pain I get, I think, "This is the big one." I used to just go smoke and forget about it. Now I dwell on it. I hope this is a phase that gfoes away.
0 Kudos
andrew3

I had adominal pain. Kinda like I didn't eat something fresh, but yet couldn't poop anything out (Yes I know a very mature term). had sharp pains run down the outed side of my chest. Had short pains in my eyes. I have noticed though they all went away after awhile, and I also just stopped worrying and analyzing every little pain I felt!!
0 Kudos
lana3

As time goes by I think I am getting better about this. I went through this phase though, that lasted about a month or so that was really bad. Every little ache or pain made me think I was croaking. (another mature term!!!)I appreciate your answering.
0 Kudos