cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

samm

newbie here

my husband and i are quitting because we would like to start a fmaily soon. a smoke free family. hes doing wonderfully and heres me shaking and thinking constantly about whats not in my mouth. ive been eating constantly and i'm not using any medication. why is it so easy for him and not for me!??! im dyin here.... any tips?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Brittney4

So I am totally copying a post I put on another persons disussion but it really fits for both of you! Sorry for not being original!!!

First I want to tell you that this website is perfect for you. I have been on here for about 1 week and I've already set my quit date and got a ton of tools to use so I can be successful! The best thing you can do is not tell yourself "I CAN'T" that will only 'allow' you to continue to smoke. This website has a lot to do with knowing your smoking triggers and working through them. It really does work. Most of my cigs come when I'm bored or driving. I have learned to not smoke in my car at all. It's actually easier than I thought. It just takes determiniation! I WILL QUIT SMOKING very soon and I'm so excited to be smoke free and enjoy life without them for a change! If you need anything or have questions, just ask... people here are great support!
0 Kudos
liz-szabo

Hi there.

I cover smoking-related issues for USA TODAY, and I'm writing about pregnant women or new mothers who are trying to quit smoking. It sounds like a really hard thing to do, and I applaud you for trying. If you think you might like to share your story in USA TODAY, please contact me at 703-854-5455 (1-800-3410, ext. 5455) or lszabo@usatoday.com. We can only quote people who are willing to tell me their full names. Thanks for your time, and good luck to you. It's really great that you are trying to make this sacrifice.

Liz Szabo
0 Kudos