cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aztec

meditation,, lasting calm. helps anxiety

Does anyone here meditate?

My docotr prescribed mediation for me years ago. The monks meditate on love  and their frontal cortex activity is stonger and more vibrant in color than those who do not on a brain scan. BDNF is a chemical I think is secreted with deliberate exercise of the brain that the centurians have more of.

Some people meditate on the names of G-d, or chakras heart chakra being green and the love center.

some have a place they go that they have constructed in their minds eye ,A Happy place and listen to the babling brook, while sitting on a grassy knoll full of flowers.There are so many ways to meditate,

The reason I am bringing it up is becasue is initiates stillness and calmness and healing, IN the Tapping book dr Callahan said that anxiety is the caus eof addictions, and I belleve it. I just mediated for 35 minutes on a range of things and I have no anxiety, I am calm and centered.

I belleive meidtation is a wonderful healing tool that we could all use more of, With the yoga for 30 minutes stretching deeply and getting neurotransmitters going and following it with meditation, I feel so good.

I just wanted to share my exerience today.  Somemay dismiss this but I have a pretty smart doctor and there is secientific evidence that the frontal cortex is brighter in mediators that mediatate on love. Why not give it a shot. I have two cds by Stevan Halpern, "chakra suite" which plays the tones for each chakra and balances them. and "Tonal alchemy" both great to meditate to or do yoga with.

Have a calm, centered , peacful day

Tags (1)
4 Replies
keeptrying2

Hey there, I went to the stress relieving meditation session at church tonight and I thought it was good.  It was an hour long and I think for a first time session that was a bit too long.  Everyone seemed to get restless.  I did find my groove after awhile and got some really good meditaition in.  I forgot how nice it is to meditate so I will for sure be working this into my weekly exercise and spiritual connectivity.  I have some chanting music which helps but I would like an album of good earth sounds to meditate to as well.  Can you recommend anything?  Something with waves, or forest sounds, maybe with some drums, that would be good.

0 Kudos
aztec

Hi I meditate to steven halperns "chakra suite" it balances with the tones of oyour chakras

I also have some native american music which has flutes, drums howling, wild sounds.

I also have ocean wave cd. Stevan halpern has a"tonal alchemy' bowls, chimes, gongs, meditation cd, it's in a different tone tahn chakra suite. both ar great. and sometimes I like the drums.

Glad you had a good experience with meditation, I meditate on the namess of G-d , yahwee, jehove, elohim adonia, el shaddi, jesus. Love. and in my workshop.

It helps so much to do an activity that works on mind ,body  and sprit, thats why I love yoga and meditation.

I would love to be svelt but I take meds that cuase weight gain and I have lost 10 lbs and I am maintinnign the walking helps too and now that I will be addingmore yoga time that will help too.

Native spirit is the 3 cd box set  I have it came from one spirit.

0 Kudos
jill38

I belong to the One Spirit book club, also. I have a huge wishlist on my page as I write this to you. I am looking forward to ordering new cds and books soon. I am trying ot quit my mind and body daily after reading a book called "The Master Key", written in the early 1900's. I wil have ot go look up the author. But, it is very similar to what  "The  Secret" is teaching these days.(Charles Haanel is the author) and the author for  "the Secret" is Rhonda Byrne.

Meditating and quieting the mind is a wonderful practice, for discipline and spirituality, as well. It is scientific research that people who pray and meditate are brighter people. We are using the other areas of the brain that aren't as well developed. Yes, and the chemistry does indeed change our entire physical being, also! Read "Who Switched Off My Brain", by Dr. Caroline Leaf. You will find it fascinating, because science backs up the Word of God!

0 Kudos
Mary155

used to meditate for 2 hours each day back in the day, and there is a huge difference in my anxiety level.  Time to do at least 15 minutes a day for starters

0 Kudos