cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aztec

recipies, any healthy ones

For all of you cooks out there, Please post some healthy frcipies for those of us who would like to learn more

Thanks Aztec

I  have two goed ideas, colorful vegetabe and fruit platters to keep in the front of the refrigerator. something you can munch on all day and beautiful too. It takes time to cut all the stuff up so that will help in making a new groove too. Cooking can be a joy , and it's necessary.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

I would like to share my morning green shake:

1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk

1 T. peanut butter

2 cups spinach leaves

1 banana

1-2 cups ice cubes

Blend and enjoy 🙂

It's green but you would never know it has spinach in it. Yummy!

0 Kudos
sammy88

I have been sticking to broiled fish with lots of lemon and fresh herbs (growing them keeps my hands busy!) along with lots of colorful veggies (carrots steamed with fresh thyme!) & whole grain bread-add honey for a treat!   Homemade pizza - whole grain crust light on the cheese with spinach and other veggies is another treat that is working! Would love more healthy recipies or even ideas! Thanks for starting this!

0 Kudos
phanntom

This is one of my favorite healthy recipes. It's not my original, I got it from an Italian restaurant. On the menu it was called Fetteccini OGT. It's very simple and quick to make (about 15 mins after the first time).

A single serving of fetteccini pasta.

2 Roma tomato's

Fresh basil

2 garlic cloves

2 or 3 tablespoons of olive oil

The prep takes about as long as it takes for the pasta to cook.

Dice the tomato's, mince the garlic and tear up the basil leaves.

In a saucepan preheat the olive oil to the point the rim of the pan is hot to the touch of your finger.

When the pasta is about a minute or two from being done add the tomatoes to the pan and begin to saute, after about 45 secs, to a minute, add the garlic and basil to the mixture. Be very careful here as the garlic will burn quickly. Saute the whole mixture about 1 minute more, shaking the pan to keep things moving, remove from heat.

You can go two ways there, the restaurant I'd order this at served it both ways. After draining the pasta you can put the pasta and the OGT into a large bowl and toss until mixed evenly, OR, you can put the pasta on a plate and pour the mixture over the pasta.

I fix it with a good garden salad, tossing with my dressing choice rather than adding the dressing when on my dish. It keeps me from using too much dressing. While I love a good garlic bread....I avoid bread with this meal.

0 Kudos