cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

mizzbflye

My head is spinning!!

I want to start on May first I serously doubt that i can do it without help, but I really am considering it right now, should I just quit cold? I'm out of ciggs, I'm on this site and I'm ready to quit..Addiction is a motha fa yah!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
twlghtangel

hi,, well don't buy another pack and only plan on taking one minute at a time,,they add up..fight your craves,, keep hands busy,,i fild stress balls help,, i was quit relapsed but trying again,,this time cold turkey,,scarey yes but i think if we all hang in there we can do it,,,
0 Kudos
elizabeth17

I believe that if you've set your mind for may 1st and you have trepidation of starting your quit TODAY, than stick w may first. go buy smokes. Every time you light up remind yourself of how many days you will allow yourself to smoke. I picked a date 3 weeks in advance. I am an addict and I felt that that's what I needed to do. The date came, and poof... here I am 25 days w/out a smoke. Don't get me wrong... it's hard. Was, is, and will be for a while. But it's easier than it was 3 1/2 weeks ago, and it's a battle worth fighting. And you are perfectly able to fight that battle. We here ALL have your back. Keep reading and logging in every day while you "enjoy" your last few days as a smoker. We're pretty good at rallying your willpower. Just read and blog and when your date comes, read and blog and just stop smoking. It really is just as easy as that. All the rest you can deal with...
0 Kudos
kimberly16

Hi Miz, i am of the impression that every ciggarrette you don't smoke is a win- so, if you decide that , "I want to quit" then, see how long you can go without a smoke before your quit date. Note what its like for a few hours, then, there's no pressure on you- and quitting can seem a little less scary, when you get some practice. I practiced several times before quitting, going a few days, experiencing how hard it was, then smoking again. it lessens the "but i went through so much" factor- and it puts it into context of the reality of your life span- whether you smoke today, and/or tommorrow, it will effect your health, so, there's no time like the present to try....

you gotta do whats good for you- and be empowered to do so! congrats on being able to ask for help- many have trouble even with that first step.
0 Kudos