cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

nettrice

Patchy days! How do you use your patches?

Hey there patchers! I really like the patch, works good so far. Gwen says the patch might be too strong for her. i personally found that a whole patch is to strong for me, i always cut it in 3 pieces and start with one piece, add another during the day and replace the first piece with the 3one in the evening. But I know that all this depends hugely on ones morphology etc... and I'm not a doctor... but it does work for me. a whole patch made me feel all dizzy and sweaty and gave me headaches, so in the past I ended up taking them off and smoking again.. (nope, never, ever again!!) ... also I never tended to smoke a lot in the morning anyway, hence little nicotin in the morning, more after leaving the office... In any case hang in there, it will get easier with the time, as others in this forum suggested... anybody else any ideas? Do you have trouble sleeping if you take the patch off before going to bed?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
bloominglater

i just started today and i have a headache. i felt flushed today, but i had NO cravings whatsoever, so i'm going to stick it out. apparently, it takes a few days to get used to it.
0 Kudos
nettrice

Great! you go lady!! For me it works equally excellently to suppress the cravings.
I guess that's why I like the little piece technique, so I can add a large piece in the evening, when I am surrounded by smoking friends or going to put myself in a sticky place/situation... Hope your head is less sore today bloominglater, drinking lots of water might help a bit...
way to go, am very proud of you!!
0 Kudos