cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

vikkig2

2 days and counting to smoke free and I am GETTING NERVOUS

Geez Marie....didn't think I would be so anxious about quitting.  Could be because I'm traveling and flying and stressing over making the connecting flights and meeting all kinds of new people tomorrow at the seminar and....and....and......

Bought my patches today and used one - made it about 6 hours and then ripped it off and smoked.  Tasted like s***.....didn't stop me from smoking again later.  Cigs do seem to be tasting a little more funky - even if it is just psychological it works!!

On some level my body is readying itself for the BIG DAY.

Will be glad to be home and at work around my support team.

See you Friday guys 🙂

0 Kudos
3 Replies
quin

Woot for you, Vikki!  I find that while travelling, it is much easier to not smoke.  I just kick back with a book in the airport and don't even notice the time going by.

I am curious...what's it like wearing the patch?  Do you get a buzz from the nicotine or can you even tell you're wearing it?

0 Kudos
vikkig2

Hey Jeremy!  Well to answer your question about the patch...it depends on which level you start with.  Level 1 delivers the largest amount of nicotine over 24 hours (21mg I believe).....those are ENTIRELY too strong for me.  Caused headache, heart palpatations and dizziness.  My last quit I used Step 2 - less side effects but still a little "buzz" and found out I could not wear them at night - weird dreams, nightmares and inability to sleep well.

Yesterday was quit day one for me!  I am using the Step 3 patch - the least amount of nicotine.  Maybe not quite enough but after watching the doctor's videos on this site and learning I could use supplemental nicotine replacement when the craving is just too much seems to be working.

I am going to admit this now and get it out of the way:  I slipped this morning - yep..found hubby's cigs in his study and was home alone.  Took the patch off, snuck outside like a junkie and took three puffs -----TASTED LIKE S***!!  Been through this quit stuff enough times to know that I AM NOT A FAILURE just because I slipped.  Have my patch back on now and have spent some time reading other blogs and posted one myself.

I would really like using our site a little more to "talk"...it is great to be able to read and post on the main blog site but seems a little easier to "talk" to someone I know.  

Hope to see a post from you later......talk to you then

0 Kudos
pongaselo

There you go. They always did taste like ----. I think you need to either download or purchase a copy of "Easy way to quit smoking", forget the poison substitutes and pay much more attention to the triggers that send you scrambling back to the nearest  crapper or trash can so that you can jump in. Nicotine is not that tough to kick. No real painful side affects or withdrawal symptoms (medical fact). Those damn triggers are the monster and you know what they are. When you ripped off the patch and lit up, what were the circumstances (driving, at the computer, watching TV)? There you go. Figure out your favorite times to smoke and eliminate them one by one. One last thought; IF patches, gum or drugs worked, instead of becoming another health problem, would big Tobacco and Pharmaceuticals actually sell them to you? Give me a break, never gonna happen cause you are one of their cash cows.  

0 Kudos