cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

sue7

My reasons for quitting...

I don't want to wake up coughing my head off anymore...have allergies and asthma.
I don't want my lil man to grow up without his mommy and if I don't quit and now I'm sure that's exactly what's going to happen. Don't ask me how I know that, I just feel it in my heart and somehow see it in my mind.
I'm sick and tired of visits with non smoking family members being cut short because I've got to go fix my nic fit.
I'm tired of smelling like an ash tray.
I'm tired of my home stinking like cigarettes.
I'm tired of wondering if it's my stinking cigarette smoke making my lil man cough or be congested.
I'm tired of being worried about what's going to happen if I don't quit....I'm just going to quit and be done with it. I've had it! I'm sick and tired of knowing I'm committing suicide slowly and possibly taking my lil man with me by setting a bad example for him to follow in the future...Can't live with the guilt of smoking anymore.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
susan64

I hear what you are saying.... I quit because of chest pains, I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I probably was going to. My house does smell better and I'm not afraid of my grandson coming over anymore. I won't even let his mom smoke in the house anymore. My house keeper has washed and put up all the ash trays. They are all mostly souveniors from different places. I quit on March 31th 2008, I used no patches or medicine. I have been fortuate not to have any relapes. You keep going strong for you and your lil guy. I have faith in you!!!!
0 Kudos
sue7

Thank you Susan 🙂 Got 10 hours of smokefree in. It doesn't feel too bad though. Just a few uncomfortable minutes here and there.Have to admit that I am feeling more than a little jumpy and edgy at loud noises.
0 Kudos
doreen1

Thank you for sharing, Sue. You have some very important reasons for your quit. I think you'll do fine. I know what you mean about setting a bad example and worrying about what the second hand smoke is doing to your little man. I set a bad example for my 30-year old and she smokes. I didn't want it to be the same for my then 13-year old and now I have three wonderful grandsons to think about too. I KNOW that a lot of my youngest's upper respiratory stuff was caused by my smoking because as soon as hubby and I quit, she got better. Holler if you need me 🙂
Photobucket
Photobucket
0 Kudos