cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

5 weeks in with Chantix

Today is my 1 month celebration day! It has been a long month but with the Chantix I have been relatively fortunate to NOT have urges that I could not control without being too busy. Does anyone feel it gets harder as you go on?
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
janie5

Congratulations on your 1 MONTH! We will always have the cravings but with CHANTIX we are hopefully learning to control them. I feel the cravings are less often and not as intense as the first month. Today is 68 days SMOKE FREE for me! I took CHANTIX for 32 days.

Keep up the good work!
miriam3

Congratulations one month is a milestone. Keep it up with the Chantix and the cravings will diminish every day. I took Chantix as directed and I am 4 months 15 days smoke free. Good luck to you.
ray9

Congratulations on your (1) month aniversary of quitting smoking! I will also be one month quit this week! Sometimes I feel it gets harder the further you get away from smoking...but I believe thats because the further we get away from it, we also forget why we quit in the first place. The energy we had to quit at the beginning is still there, but we kind of forget how crappy our lives were when we smoked and how great it feels now. I think its important to revisit the past when your quitting so that you can savour the present and remain excited about the future.

I actually have to practice thinking about how I felt physically and mentally while smoking to enhance my feeling of wellness now that I have quit. I often think about how well I sleep and the dramatic decrease in stress I feel now that I've quit. I also continue to ask myself why I would ever want to go back to that lifestyle and all of those ugly feelings again.

Part of quitting smoking for me is trying to become a better "me". The physical and mental changes I've felt since quitting have become my new energy to stay quit.

My advice...dig deep within and revisit how you felt before you quit (and keep doing it). You'll need to really dig, but its really worth the time to revisit the control smoking had over you. Have a great day!
stephanie11

Yes This is day 21 for me and for some reason the worst day ever. I've been through much more stressful situations in the past and haven't felt like this. I've wanted to give up trying about 20 times today. I hope it doesn't continue. How are you doing?
babs77

Hi Thankful, my quit date was June 22nd and so far, so good. I took Chantix as well. I cut my dosage in half due to insomnia and upset stomach in the AM after a few weeks, then cut that in half again the following week and then just decided to quit takijg it all together early last week. I am doing fine so far.

Stephanie, I see your comment below about 3 week quit. Yes, 3 weeks can be a tough point in your quit. It is kind of a turning point for many people. Hang in there, it will and it does get better...

Hi Janie: Thanks for the encouragement. AND, Congratulations to you 68 days.....way to go! What was the differences you saw when you went off the Chantix? Were the cravings different? Harder to firght? More real? That sort of thing. And Inoticed from your conversations you gained weight? Of course, ME TOO! and, weight was one of the reasons I smoked. Trying to get up and get movng....hopefully it will help!

Congratulations to you as well.....and thanks for the encouragement.!
0 Kudos

Ray: Thanks for the advice. Your are most ceretainly on to something there....while reading your response I remembered some of the activities the Chantix website had me doing and one was writing down some of those same things. I have on occassion reminded myself just how nasty smoking made me feel both physically and emotionally. So, thank your for your advice it will be remembered. And Congratulations to YOU! 1 month felt good.....watch the high though I crashed emotionally right after....thankfully I found this site and I am leveling out .... take care.
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Stephanie.....I am feeling better today and hope you are as well. The work week is easier than the weekends....do you notice a difference? Hope you are doing well today....you deserve the best!
0 Kudos