cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

stebunny

sore throat anyone?

Hi everybody! I took Chantix for about 2 months and I have not taken it in about 1 month however I am finding that my throat is getting sorer and sorer. Has anyone experienced this. It might just be a cold or something?!?
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
malissa-crews

Have you seen a doctor? IF so I am curious to know what they said.
0 Kudos
joyce14

I discontinued using Chantix on July 4th. I began taking it on May 11th and smoked my last cigarette on May 30th. I too have noticed that my throat feels more sore with each passing day, and my voice is getting hoarse. Plus, I swear I can taste charcoal, even after brushing! Effects of healing tissue?
Joyce
0 Kudos
stebunny

Now that is strange- I too notice a strange taste in my mouth- much different from the other times I quit smoking. I remember times quitting with the gum for weeks at a time and my mouth felt great and my breath was fresh- weird?!? Maybe it is the healing process? I hope so! Just a quick side note- I went to the Doctor tonight and was given antibiotics- but I still think the sore throat thing is weird because it began as soon as I ended Chantix. I will keep my eye on it and you do the same= if you notice anything new please let me know. Have a great night-
0 Kudos
stebunny

I went to the Doctor tonight and was given antibiotics- but I still think the sore throat thing is weird because it began as soon as I ended Chantix, however now it must an infection of some kind. Have a great night-
0 Kudos
teresa-h

Hi
I have been on chantix almost a month and over the last week and half, I have been having a sore throat and I keep coughing up flem and have a nast taste in my mouth too..My quit date is in 5 days..I am going to get another perscription I can now just start to feel the ease of wanting to smoke, it is far less than what it was, and I seem to be able to fight the craveing much more..
0 Kudos
stebunny

HI Teresa,
I totally recommend Chantix and I agree that the side effects are OK compared to the help of quitting smoking. Congrats to you! Please know that I am here if you need me! You'll do great!
0 Kudos