cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tony5

Please introduce yourself.

Jump to solution
Introduce yourself and let us know why you want to quit smoking. Share your story.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

There's a new thread to introduce yourself.  Stop on by:  Welcome: Introduce Yourself! - EX Community  

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
dezerae
My name is Dezerae. I am 23 and have smoked since I was 15. I quit smokign twice but have always picked it back up. I suffer from General Anxiety Disorder and smoking really curbs my anxiety. But I am so tired of feeling unhealthy, I WANT TO QUIT. Hearing my two year old son say, "Mommy, don't smoke," brings tears to my eyes. If anyone has any advice feel free to dish it out.
0 Kudos
kate17
Clean the interior windows of a smoker's car and see the brown gunk you harvest. If that's what I'm sucking into my innards, I want to quit. I've smoked since I was 15 years old, interupted the indulgence for two pregnancies, and took it up again but this time in secret. The Lone Smoker. How odd is that?
0 Kudos
kandace
Hi, my name is Kandace and I am a fairly heavy smoker. I have 4 gorgeous children who are the light of my life! I neeeeeed to quit smoking for so many, many reasons. My health, my childrens health.... I get really emotional when I start thinking of the damage I am not only doing to myself, but to them. I'm looking forward to making friends and building my support network. I definitely need all the help I can get and Lord knows it's much easier with friends!
0 Kudos
bobrickert
Hello all.
My name is Bob and I need to quit smoking.
I have set a date of April 20th.
I have a group of co-workers who have decided to do it with me.
We will have support fom each other.
We are going to try without quitting aids but I will use them if needed.
So its going to be hard but this time I will make it.
0 Kudos
becky15
I totally understand. I too, get scared wondering if I'll miss it. I also sit and wonder why is it so hard to quit. My sister was addicted to meth for over 8 years and told me it's easier to recover from drugs than it is cigarettes. I wouldn't doubt it. But I really like the help this website has given me so far. The relearning concept is easier for me to understand than to just quit cold turkey. And it's knowledge I can use with all my bad habits! Anyway, Good luck quitting and hang in there.
0 Kudos
denverdeb
Hey Danielle, I just joined this site and your posting struck a chord with me IMMEDIATELY. My quit date is April 14. I have smoked for 17 years, and I am currently taking chantix which I have noticed has cut down my cravings and my smoking immensely. However, I am STILL freaking out about Monday because at this point even thought I am cutting down, I know that I will just have one later and I am scared of my quit day because there will be no "later." I feel SO much like you do. As weird and stupid as it sounds, I feel like I will be giving up a 'best friend' (granted, a best friend that is KILLING me,) but nonetheless, I do not KNOW myself as a non-smoker. What will I DO with myself? I will be thinking of you - wish me luck
0 Kudos
lorelai
Sounds like we're all experiencing the same things. I'm Lorelai, and I'm up in the middle of the night stressing out. And it makes me
want to smoke MORE. So I have been. But I am so ready to quit. I'm so sick of it and the way it makes me feel. I swear, sometimes
I feel like a leper. Like all of you, I need all the support I can get.
0 Kudos
jen10
Hi, I'm Jennifer and I have smoked since I was 14. I have quit before, having gone 4 years without smoking, but for some reason have always gone back. My eating and exercise habits are horrible and my biggest fear of quiting is gaining weight, as that is usually what happens when I try to quit. I have three beautiful children who I want to see grow up and don't want my health issues to get into the way of that. Financially, smoking has taken its toll on me also. I have not set a quit date yet as this is my first day on the ex-site and need to track my habit and reach out for support, but am hoping to set a date soon. I'm grateful this site is here and look forward to getting the support I need!
0 Kudos
jen10
Hey Rob,
Thanks for the advice...going out grocery shopping today as a matter of fact and will pick some up! I hadn't thought about all of the different forms of green tea that are out there...will give it a try and thank you!!
0 Kudos