cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

dollarbill

Back at it Again..Day 1

I was smoke free for awhile, & i fell off again. I decided this morning 2 come back to becomeanex and do this thing all over again. I feel like a damn failure, but I refuse to give up. So here I am again, back at it again. I apologize to the friends I left hanging. I need the support again. This site was all i had & it was working for me. Figured it had been long enough that I could have one here and there........But...damn....I knew better. I'm out, will be checking in often, once again.......Day 1 for me. Good Luck 2 me.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
edith2

Dollarbill, welcome back. You don't owe anyone an apology. But you can forgive yourself. The past is gone, the future's not here. All that matters is right now. Took me 30 years to try again after my last relapse. You are so far ahead of the game. Now you know that one is too many and a thousand is never enough.
0 Kudos
dollarbill

Thx Nancy..........you are right, failing does't = failure. But i'm good....feeling good about this quit. Thought about one last smoke , one last day....lol. But i reminded myself that i start my smoke free journey on here b4 i went to work. So I'm chilling....re doing my page.....and regardless of i have a restless night.....it'll be Smoke Free......No doubt.
0 Kudos
dollarbill

Good lookin out Dan. I may need that support, and it's a 2way street. I'm here also man. I do appreciate it. Later.......
0 Kudos
dollarbill

Yep you are right...1 is 2 many.......and a thousand is'nt enough. thanks
0 Kudos
dollarbill

Yep...that's what happens...We trick or talk ourselves into givin in 2 that urge. "just 1...i'll be alright...i haven't smoked in 2months".......That's B.S. My plan is 2 stick it out this time Linda. Later
0 Kudos
john-ryan

If I counted up all my day 1's I'd definitely need the help of a calculator. I don't think there's any need to apologize to anyone, not even to yourself. What seperates you from those who are hopeless is that you jump back on the horse after you fell off. I can't count how many times I've fallen off. I can't even really say that I've actually been even remotely successful in quitting at all in the past seven years, but that's why I'm here. I don't really have the support of anyone else in my life, but in the short time that I've been using this site, I feel a lot better, and a lot stronger about this whole quitting thing. Keep your chin up and don't let the slip ups get you down. You'll make it.
0 Kudos
dollarbill

What's goin on Kev......This site really helps man. I just got comfortable, now I see i have 2 treat this thing as an addict. I cant have one under any circumstances. I'm in 2 win it this time. Good luck to you, I plan 2 be more active on here this time around so hollar at me if u need 2 talk.
0 Kudos
dollarbill

Thx M.P......that helps man. But believe me...........No more relaps with help of u all I know I can do it. But most of all i have my mind is made up.
0 Kudos
rose-green

Dollarbill we all fall off the wagon but think of an acholic they cant drink one beer or they start getting drunk all the time same with smoking you cant have one here and there because you will want it all the time good luck.
0 Kudos