cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

robin-banks

Coming out of the closet so to speak....

If your trying to become an ex closet smoker like me facing the unique challenges we face, please offer your support and or suggestions on how you are overcoming the urge to sneak cigarettes when no one else is around. 

Tags (1)
5 Replies
sara17

I`ve often thought of just coming out of the smoky closet and telling my mom that I smoke, knowing the disapproval and disappointment that she will have in me, just so I wont feel like I have this dirty little secret looming over me. Ive often thought well if I tell her im trying to quit, then maybe I can get some support from her instead of doing this all by myself. But then again, Ive brought this on myself, and I dont really smoke with anyone else close to me (except my partner--- but thats a different story) when I started smoking, I would only smoke in my car. alone. just me, my car, and my cigarettes. So i feel thats the way it should end. Need to relearn driving my car without a cig in my hand.

Maybe other folks might have a different opinion here but I just know the guilt trip that would be laid upon me by my family if they ever knew I started smoking. and I choose not to deal with it, but to deal with the cravings and withdrawal alone, with the help of you kind strangers over the internet on this site, and with this nicorette gum that actually tastes very good. (LOL)

Sara

bj_5

Ex smokers....sound good to me. I do not want to be associated with smoking anymore. This is the beginning of day three for me. I need your thoughts and prayers as you all will have mine.

BJ

Opidfght

Bj just take it 1 day at a time and 1 step, remember to do breathing exercises will work your lungs better to breath. It does get better as the days go on . If you cant breath use a straw suck in air and slowly release it. After a few days of doing it you will see the different. Snack on healthy  food.  Go for a walk orexercise. Hope this is helpful  and congrats  on day 3.the worst part is the 1st week it does get better.

JACKIE1-25-15

Good morning. Unfortunately, this is a 2010 Blog.  Hoping much success to all. 

Opidfght

Oh my didnt realize dont usually look at year but will start.