cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

sandi6

Valentine's day!

My quit date was February 14, 2008. What better day and what better present to my heart - let alone those who love me.....I am using CHANTIX - has really worked for me. I am real excited at the prospect of being smoke free long term. Have struggled with some health problems since my quit, but am sure that it is reacting to no nicotine after 39 years of the toxins.....hopefully will start feeling 100% soon.
Tags (1)
6 Replies

Hey Sandi! Congrats on 5.5 months of being smoke-free! Have you found that Chantix messes up with your sleeping pattern? My friend was using Chantix to quit and had problems with that aspect of the side effects.
0 Kudos
sandi6

Hey Domenic~ I have some really colorful dreams - some are disjointed, but for the most part, just crazy. Have heard some people have really angry and violent dreams, have not experienced that. But for the alternative (smoking) I can deal with some crazy dreams for the short term. I am just so thankful for the CHANTIX - I know my quit would have been a lot harder without it.
Good luck and have a great day!
0 Kudos
babyimaboo

I have officially set my quit date to be the day after Valentine's day (February 15th). I’m just now working on little exercises and taking this baby step at this since I am so serious at quitting this teribble habit.  I’m going with out for a couple of days and I going to see how far the sail will drift from there. Is anybody else doing anything in preparation for their date in February?

0 Kudos

I am quitting On valentines day because well It's my daughter's 5th birthday. I also have an 8 month old son.

I am divorced and recently found out that my ex hubby's mom in law has lung cancer and they gave her 2 months because they caught it too late. It has spread to her brain causing over 12 lesions. She is already losing her memory. She is only 56 years old. I don't want to end up that way. I want to be here for my kids and to watch them grow. I want to live life to the fullest I can without shortening it. I want to enjoy life smoke free. I would love a stop smoking buddy.

I am afraid to quit. I'm afraid of the cravings, gaining weight and being irritable. I can't take chantix due to bi polar disorder and anxiety so the doctor said it would make that worse. I am so scared but I want to quit so bad.

0 Kudos
serena29

Valentine's Day is my QUIT DAY! Because I want to be snoke-free for my wonderful husband who does not smoke. I made a promise to him I would quit and I have to fulfill my promise. I am new to this site and so far I love it!! I am taking steps to prepare for my quit date. I am making myself wait before I smoke to overcome some of the cravings, so my body can get used to not having the nicotine. I am tracking my cig. smoking also, and am going to wean myself down to as little as possible by Valentines Day. Oh and I am going to use the gum and lollipops to help with cravings once I am smoke free. If anyone has anymore suggestions please let me know!

0 Kudos
sjewell2020

I smoked my last cigarette at 10:30 pm on 2/13/2010.  I've smoked for almost 40 years.  I'm looking forward to the last part of my life smoke free.  I'm using Chantix and so far it's working, no real cravings.  I've tried to quit 3 other times with the patch and failed.  I'm not going to fail this time no matter what. 

0 Kudos