cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

bonniebee

e-cigarettes do they help or hurt

I used an e-cigarette when I first began the process of quitting smoking cigarettes . I have never intended to remain using them and I did not want to become addicted to there use .

I have found that many of the Ex Elders do not like them and discourage the use of them mainly  because they contain nicotine and other ingredients that may be  harmful .  The e- cigarettes also encouage the habit of smoking to continue .

I found them useful as a crutch for awhile but now after 55 Days of freedom from tobacco I have  discontinued  using them . I have not had a puff for a week now and today is my last day on the patch so tomorrow I will begin a life that is cigarette and nicotine free .

I intend  to hide away my disposible e- cigarette and only use it as an emergency if I ever get a crave bad enough that I would actually light a real cigarette I would much rather take a puff from that then to end up smoking a  real cigarette.

I think they can be useful in quitting if you take care not to take to many puffs a day and really decrease use as you get used to not smoking .  This is just my  humble opinion.... what is yours ?

I found that a straw cut into 3 pieces  can serve the same purpose and is safer and can be used as long as necessary  ...I love my straws ...lol

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
intervention

Recent research is showing that vaping is a very effective, evidence-based tool for smoking cessation. Hey, whatever works for you is the best. 

I find the politics of it all quite interesting. In England the government encourages vaping and most conservatives support it, while in the U.S. the government and the liberals tend to oppose it. 

0 Kudos
Giulia

They do help some.  But other's have difficulty trying to get off them.  /blogs/iquit/2018/12/01/first-week-of-not-smoking 

0 Kudos