cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jennie3

New to this site!!!

Hi my name is Jennie I tried to join up with this site when I first quit but, I could not sit long enough to finish it up. It seems that being on my puter is 1 of my biggest triggers! so here I am a month later still smoke free,but still struggleing with cravings and urges , though no where as bad as at 1st lol!!!I started out using the inhaler thingy I hated it!now i'm working with the patch and it helps alot!I feel so much better than I did before my house smells so good food tastes wonderfull (that may be a small prob in the near future)lol It for sure is the hardest thing I've done so far but also 1 of the best!!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
angelquit

You said it. One of the hardest, but one of the best at the ame time. I think we all have cravings/urges for awhile. I've heard that it can last up to 2 years, I don't know for sure, but that is what I read somewhere. Take care and keep in touch. Your doing awesome. One month is really awesome. Angelquit - Free and Healing for Three Months, Twenty Two Days, 20 Hours and 4 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 7 Days and 21 Hours, by avoiding the use of 2277 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $423.17.
0 Kudos
angel6

You are doing great! What an accomplishment!
0 Kudos
jennie3

ty so much
0 Kudos
carlie

Hi Jennie...I'm so glad you made it past that trigger ....we really need you here !!! Your positive attitude, sense of humor and your day-to-day accomplishments make you a WINNER....congrats !!!! Keep comin' around !!!
Thanks.

Day 4 and counting !!!! Woo-Hoo !!!!
0 Kudos
jennie3

Tx for the warm welcome!
0 Kudos
polly2

Hiya Jennie!! The more positive we are, the easier it will be to get throught those cravings!! I repeated over and over again that "smoking is not an option!" That stopped all the other negative thoughts in my head pronto!! Yes, I still have cravings, but I no longer desire to smoke!! I've seen you posting a lot -- that's awesome!! We need as many positive people as we can get a hold of!! I say stick with the winners -- it's obvious that you are just that!! Hugs to you!
0 Kudos
jennie3

Hi polly why thanks I'm trying to be as positive as possable I'm trying to apply "The Secret" idk if you have heard of it i repeat over and over Today will be my happiest so far and i am not a slave to cigaretts.i think i will give your smoking is not an option a go to lol,most of the time i'm good but that stinking thinking creeps up now and again lol i do however feel stronger every day i love this site and all the awesome folks on it! thnx again for the words of encouragement,you seem like an awesome person!
0 Kudos
carlie

Jennie..."The Secret" is an excellent book...and an excellent part of the much un-used human mind. We have the ability to manifest...we all do...just as we have the ability to heal, encoded in our DNA - we have stopped using these gifts...we have gotten lazy as a race; as a species. More and more people are "awakening"...believe it or not !!! Trust who you are - use what you have....

We are all connected...all within the universe....you ARE - and I AM !!!!

Have a wonderful journey !!!!!
0 Kudos

Hello angelquit, this is new to me seen a commercial and got on the net. I am ready to quit and am positive that I will "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". and this will also save me like 450.00 a month as well as my life span keep up the good work.
0 Kudos