cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

susan18

What to do when the WORST cravings hit ?

I am trying to prepare myself for my second try this year at quitting. I would like to know (especially from long term successful quitters) some things that would help me when I am first quitting, in particular, what to do when I have a really BAD craving hit me....Any suggestions ?
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
april.3

Well, I am not exactly a long term successful quitter - but I feel like I am a successful quitter : )
This last Saturday was 5 months! Anyhow, as simple as this may sound - the best thing that worked for me was networking with others that were quitting on a website just like this (Quitnet). When a really bad craving hit - I'd go read other people's posts for the day (which made me laugh most of the time) or sit in the chat room. You can bet somewhere out there - someone is in the middle of a quit just like you and is having a really bad craving hit - and it is nice to be able to talk to or hear from someone who is in your shoes. I'd try to talk to or explain to my husband (non-smoker) and he just never understood. In any event - you'll have to find something that works for YOU.

Best of luck - April
0 Kudos
susan18

Hey, thanks so much, April. I have been looking for a live chat for just such a situation, and I take it, from your email, that Quitnet has one ? I will look for it...:) Susan
0 Kudos
rob17

Don't we have one here as a "gadget"? Or is it a generic chat room that is open to whoever is subscribed to it?
0 Kudos
susan18

I don't know but I will look...thanks !
0 Kudos