cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

howell2

first day quit

Hi everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Maureen and am 47 years old. I have been a pack a day smoker for 31 years. I have tried to quit numerous times before to quit and failed, the last time being last month.I just quit today, smoked my last cigarette at 4:40 pm this afternoon. I'm feeling just a little anxious about it, but pretty calm so far. Hopefully, this will be my last and permanent quit!!

Maureen

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
legraves

Hi Maureen, I am Linda. I'm 59 and today is my quit day, not quite 24 hours yet.  I had quit for 2 months in October and then thought I 'could have just one' during a time of great stress. Bad idea.  I was off and running. It is truly and evil addiction. I quit drinking 5 years ago and this is harder. Lets never give up.  Linda

0 Kudos
dlv

Hi Maureen & Linda, my name is Donna 🙂 This is my second time for quitting for me, the 1st time was 2 years ago, & i was smoke free for 4 months... then I started with a puff here & puff there, then it was just 1 cigarette, then 2 cigarettes, etc. etc.. turned into a pack a day... I have been smoke free for the last 7 days,,, the 1st few days was a nightmare, I didn't think I would ever make it through them... but I did, so proud of my self... Are either of you on the patch or anything? we can do this ladies!!!!

0 Kudos
Diane145

Hello all!

I'm Diane and quit 9 days ago.  Just checking in with everyone to see how you are all feeling, to connect with others in this battle, and to encourage each other.

I hope you are all still on track and that the road is getting easier.

As for me, I find I'm having highs and lows.  Feeling cranky again today.  It very well could be due to the cold weather, taking care of husband who recently had back surgery, and the 3 dogs while making my way to work each day.

Tomorrow will be a better day and an increase in the days I haven't smoked.

Wishing you all well!!

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Hello everyone, my name is Jackie and I am a quitter as of 8 days ago. I have smoked for over 40 years.  It is time to let this addiction go.  Just celebrated my birthday, a milestone and i want to live longer.  This is probably my 5 th time over the years. trying to quit.  The longest was for about 16 months=.  Stress and anger got to me and I started smoking again.  This time i am not going to allow anything to cause me to smoke again.NOTHING  My mind is really made up and i am no longer worried about withdrawal.  I am going to do this. Cigarettes be GONE.  I am going to make it.

0 Kudos