Did you mean: 
jennie3

Interesting facts

Add yours too!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
terry-morache

You know taxing dosen't work we need to ban the cigarettes. Studies have shown that they are more addictive than many drugs that are illegal. Gee I wonder how many politicians were paid off to keep them legal.
0 Kudos
jennie3

I have often wondered the same thing.
0 Kudos
terry-morache

I know what you mean about politicians and payoffs, Did you know that the tobacco industry is one of the largest lobbying groups in Washington?
0 Kudos
matt37

I was wondering if contacting our local politicians and keep bugging them to get your point across.
0 Kudos
matt37

I hope that contacting your local politician will make a difference.
0 Kudos
terry-morache

Well hopefully the new legislation that was passed in Washington will make a difference. I know that here in Alaska we have very pwoerful anti smoking ads plus we have a state wide quit line that helps people to quit smoking. I know we did not have anything like this when I lived in Texas.
0 Kudos
bluetoad

dont BAN anything freedom of choice should always be a freedom
0 Kudos
terry-morache

While people should be allowed freedom of choice the cost to taxpayers is high, something needs to be done to protect the taxpayers then.
0 Kudos
spunkie

What are we doing about alcohol it kills so many people we should at least tax it like they have cig's lets get rid of all our DRUGS SMOKE FREE AND LOVING IT.

I have been quit for 2 Months, 4 Weeks, 21 hours, 8 minutes and 34 seconds (89 days). I have saved $719.04 by not smoking 3,595 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Week, 5 Days, 11 hours and 35 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 5/24/2009 12:00 PM
0 Kudos