cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

andrew3

As spring and summer rolls in I find New triggers.

Well So far it has been a month and a half I believe smoke free. I have been finding new triggers though. I realized that the warm weather is making me crave for a cigarette more and more. When I drive home and I get tired, and the evening sun beats down onto my face. I just want to have the nasty thing in my hand. I know I will not go back to it, but I have to admit these have been the most powerful ravings I have had yet.

I just breath deeply, and roll down my window so I can smell the fresh air. I also have been using these menthol nose strips they really help with the bigger cravings. Just a random thought, and was letting everyone know I am still sticking with the quit, and have not had a miss step along the way!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
traci2

Hey Andrew. Funny, I'm going through the same thing. There is nothing I love more than sitting on my back patio, in the nice weather, smoking. Yes, spring and summer brings on new triggers; I totally agree. We will get through it though. I know I can relax on my patio without a smoke, I just know it. I use the menthol inhaler from the pharmacy. It really does work well, and is inexpensive. I don't know what it is about the cool feeling, but I'm not going to question it if it's working. Good luck!
0 Kudos