cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

andrew3

As spring and summer rolls in I find New triggers.

Well So far it has been a month and a half I believe smoke free. I have been finding new triggers though. I realized that the warm weather is making me crave for a cigarette more and more. When I drive home and I get tired, and the evening sun beats down onto my face. I just want to have the nasty thing in my hand. I know I will not go back to it, but I have to admit these have been the most powerful ravings I have had yet.

I just breath deeply, and roll down my window so I can smell the fresh air. I also have been using these menthol nose strips they really help with the bigger cravings. Just a random thought, and was letting everyone know I am still sticking with the quit, and have not had a miss step along the way!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
libby

Hey Andrew....I had the same feeling one day last week on my way home from work when the weather here got warm. It passed but it was a jolt to feel that. I just convinced myself to get on with living and try to stop missing the stupid thing.
0 Kudos
tomee

I definitely know how you feel. We don't smoke in the house, so every time I step outside, and I don't smoke, it feels like something is missing. Now that the weather is getting better, I go outside a lot and enjoy the refreshing feeling of not seeing 4 feet of snow. But like you said, the warmer it gets, the more reason to have that missing feeling.
The other 2 people in my house still smoke, so there are butts right by the door in the ashtray.
0 Kudos