cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

andrew3

Day 22. I made three weeks! Feelings/truth about my quit.

Well it is day 22. I have to say last week I was getting a little depressed. I think I have found the culprit. My lack of nicotine, when your mind does not get it, it will make you sad and irritable. I think if I did not use an aid on top of this website I would not have made it. The reason why the past week I have been down is probably because I went from using 4mg lozenges 4-8 times a day, to using 2mg lozenges 2-4 times a day. I still do not get any cravings, just sometimes feel hard to keep positive. Yesterday I also managed to come down with a nasty cold, or flu. I am not sure what it is, but I have to drive three hours tomorrow so I hope I can shake it today.

Anyways so I feel like telling the truth about my quit. I came here to this website knowing I had to quit. I felt like I was going to lose my girlfriend to smoking, and I did not want that. I however came in and thought can I really do this? Is it possible? I had no faith in myself, and did not really feel ready to quit. I did it anyways and joined the site. I figure OK we will do this as a little experiment. After about four days, and posting constantly I realized this was not an experiment anymore, this is final, and I will not turn back on my ways.

Here is to 22 days clean, 112 dollars saved, and 500 cigarettes avoided.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
laura30

Andrew - your the man!!! I'm so proud of you! And your posts are always inspiring!!

your the man icon Pictures, Images and Photos
0 Kudos
michele2

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Andrew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep on keepin' on!
0 Kudos
libby

Very cool Andrew, you sound so positive, makes me feel like I can do it too. I don't even know how to count how long I've been quit. I initially quit Dec 1st and did pretty well for a couple of months, then started screwing up and thinking I could have one or two cigarettes on a Friday night w/my friends. I knew then I had plenty of Chantix and that would get right back on track. The last time I had a cigarette was 2 weeks ago and I'm feeling pretty committed now but also a little worried that my Chantix will end in 5 weeks. I think I could do fine if I could take Chantix for a couple of years. Anyway, like I said not sure how long I've been quit, do you count a few cigarettes in a few months as smoking and say I have been smoke free for 2 weeks. It sure has been a bit of a battle so I know my body knows it's been alot longer than 2 weeks.
0 Kudos
me-mcb

Congrats Andrew! Your awesome! To find all that strength when at first you came here on a whim! Wow! That says alot about you as a person and the ability of this site to help pull you through.
0 Kudos