cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

andrew3

barely surviving the weekend.

This weekend was rough. I came so close to falling down twice this weekend. The only thing that saved me was thinking, will I have the strength to get back up? Will I have the strength to come back to this site, and let everyone know I have failed? I know this might sound a little selfish, but I was also thinking some people on here look up to me, and I look up to them. We are a group, and when one of us fall we all fall a little. When one fails we all fail.

I told my girlfriend this weekend that she gives me so much support, but her support alone will not keep me clean. I need support from ex-smokers, because they understand completely what I am going through. they can give me the best support, because we do not want to see each other fail, and we all know what the headaches are like. What the cravings and triggers can do, and how weak they can make us.

She understands, and said she loves this site, it makes her realize how hard this is for me. She never smoked, she has never had to quit. I let her read what I write she has my password, and loves everyone on here. Likes all the friends and comments I have received. She knows how important you guys are for my success. Sorry for the long rant this time. I was just writing anything and everything that spilled from my fingers. You guys are my family, together we can do this, and do anything! Thank you all for listening and reading through my long, and sometimes boring posts! We are amazing and will never take no for an answer!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Sandra3

Good Job sticking with your quit! They say it gets easier ~ we gotta hope so.
0 Kudos
andrew3

lets not hope, let know it gets easier! Remember nothing can defeat us, but only ourselves!
0 Kudos
anna12

It really does get easier! After 13 days, the withdrawals are gone, it's the "habit" of having that damn cancer stick in your fingers is what the problem is! I'm glad that you made it through the weekend even hard as it was! I know you can do this FOR YOU and am so glad your girl supports you! I'm proud of your 5 days! Keep on trucking through the days and before ya know it, you'll be through hell week!

BIG HUGGLES
A =0)
0 Kudos
edith2

Well, give your girlfriend a big hug from me! What is her name? She is welcome here anytime! You made an excellent point.....I have another relapse, but I may not have another quit! That is so true! After my last relapse, it took me 30 years to decide to quit again! I am not cured from this addiction, but I know if I never forget how much I hated quitting and share with others, I have a good chance of keeping my quit. Shut up! Your posts are not boring! haha!
0 Kudos
andrew3

lol I will give her a big hug from you! her name is Rochelle. A lot of people tell me to stop calling her my girlfriend and just say Rochelle. Haha I guess its so people actually believe I have a girlfriend!! I have told her to make an account and she is thinking about it, but for now she is just logging into my name to see what people say, and read my posts.
0 Kudos
edith2

Hello Rochelle! What a lucky gal you are to have such a great guy! He's lucky to have you too! I hope you have a wonderful day! ((((Hugs!))))
0 Kudos