cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

brenda29

Slipped again

HI everybody. Well today i was supposed to quit, but I slipped and had a couple. tomorrow I have to throw everything away. I can't keep smoking. I need the will power to quit. If anyone has suggestions to help, please tell me. I need to be strong ; but nico demon is always there in the back of my mind. How do u get rid of him??????????????
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
pete8

Hi Brenda
Not sure when he will go away.I'm on day 13 he still is in my head but not as bad as the first week. Hang tough the smokes are not gonna help us thats what i keep sayin to my self. you can do it
0 Kudos
missy8

Hey brenda, you can do this!!!! i promise you! you need to get rid of every smoking related object you have in your house, car, etc. It won't help to see it! I was bummed cuz i had to give my brother my Chicago Bears lighter...did not want to do that, but you have to do whatever it takes to quit. Do you have gum or losenges or the patch or something? It seems you might want to invest in some cessation aids to help strengthen your will for this journey you are about to embark on. Also, read up on as much smoking related info as you can. Knowledge is power my friend (says the teacher). It's ok, please don't beat yourself up about slipping, it happens to so many of us! I was 11 days in and i slipped, the worst part was resetting my counter and having everyone think i was only on day 3, or 6, and really it should've been 17, or 24...ya know? stick with it and know that there are so many of us on here who really do care and will support you through the victories and the hard times! You go girl, now throw it all out!!!
greg14

Brenda first off , don't beat yourself up over this ! I know that is what you are doing ,and I did the same . I cannot count how many times I quit smoking in the past 10 years , it's alot .
So you have to keeo trying, the things about suceeding is that you have to keep trying . One day it will stick and you will be done with quitting and on the path to a smoke free life!
DON'T GIVE UP !!
0 Kudos
michelle_

Hey!! It's okay if you slip!! Everybody does. It's all about the choice to get back up again. I admire you for even trying to quit. I'm on my way, but not quite there yet. I don't have any suggestions on the nico demon, as I've never tried to quit. That demon haunts me even now!! I'm sure someone else will have advice. Good luck, Brenda!!

michelle*
0 Kudos