cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

deb21

It's up to you...

I've been getting a lot of chantix emails from a few people on here....I took chantix for 2 months and have been smoke free for over 6 months....I lived thru taking it...no nightmares...only some nausea..! The first initial week on chantix...I changed brands...camels that my daughter smokes...eeeeeeewwwwwww...I would take a few puffs and put it out....just to take the edge off...by the 4th day of chantix I quit....!!! The smell was bad....I would smell it on others and thought...wow that stinks..! Today ?? It's been 200 days since I've had a smoke....do I still want one?? Sure ..I have my moments...then it passes....I still remember smells!! I have not smoked 5010 cigarettes...that's an accomplishment!! I've saved $1002.19 another accomplishment...! Does the urge to pick another cigarette up still exist?? Yes!!! Will it always exist?? Yes..lets not kid ourselves! Have I done it no!!! Ya know all......none of us NEED that smoke!!! Just think of that man in the news now that has lost 550lbs and plans to marry...he has it worse....we all have to eat...his journey is a worse battle...and kudos to him..he has done a wonderful job at losing weight! Good Luck to you all.....one second....one minute...one hour ...one day at a time is what it takes!!
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Carol6

@deb21 Congrats. How are things now?

Carol
There is always someone who needs your attention on ex. Let's ensure everyone has someone supporting them.
0 Kudos