cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

angelquit

How Are We Doing?

So how are we all doing with our attitudes and quitting? I hope we are all where we want to be. I am and loving every minute of being smoke free. Angelquit - Free and Healing for Three Months, Fourteen Days, 20 Hours and 56 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 7 Days and 10 Hours, by avoiding the use of 2137 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $397.17.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
stayc

I"m doing good today. It's day 4 without smoking. I am taking Bupropion to ease the panic attacks.
I have quit smoking more times than I can count. I have done very well several times. I know I can live life and deal with life without smoking. BUT....I always seem to go back.
This time, I don't want to go back. I want to keep a possitive attitude...to remember all the things I am free from if I don't smoke. I need to remember these things at that one moment...the one where life is just too much and I feel certain that I can't make it through without a smoke to save me. Some how I need to remember...to tell myself, I CAN live through that moment and many more without a cigarette. That I HAVE made it through moments like that without a cigarette.
Right now I am still coughing pretty bad. Even though that isn't really a possitve thing, it does keep it front and center why I want to be done smoking. It's something I want to be free of...the cough, the smell, the taste, the heavy chest, the wheezing in the night.
It seems like when I have trouble is a few months down the road....when the coughing is gone, and I don't remember how bad the cough, smell, taste were....and something stressful pops up....that's when I need the possitive attitude... the attitude that will remind me lighting up a cigarette is NOT what I want to do.

Anyone interested in starting a list of possitive things to fall back on when things get tough?

I'll start:
Im looking forward to clear lungs and no more coughing. Oh to be COUGH FREE!!
0 Kudos
katheen

Well there does'nt look like much going on in this group an I for one need more support than I'm getting out of this group. One thing is for sure is that I'm trying to keep a positive attitude about this quit and so far it's working for me at least but I still would like to here from others how they are doing with there quits. It has been a struggle for me this time and that is not any fun doing it alone and no replies it not helping me out at all. So I may as well not respond to this group if no one is responding to it after I poor out my heart and get nothing back.
0 Kudos