cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

meagan2

TYPE OUT YOUR CRAVING

I have had a very successful quit so far. I haven't given in to one craving that I've had. And actually I haven't had that bad of cravings, either. But I find that today I'm having my first large trouble with it. I'm having a hard time dealing with the "forever" aspect of it. I want that one cigarette every once in awhile. But I know if I give in to that feeling that it won't be that ONE cig every ONCE IN AWHILE. Maybe these feelings are just coming out because I have had a great deal of stress for the past couple of days, looking for a job and not being able to pay bills. If it wasn't for my boyfriend I wouldn't have stayed quit this long, let alone that he makes the most money and without him I probably would have got kicked out of my home by now for not being able to pay rent. I want a smoke right now, but it won't take the stress away, it won't find me a job, it won't keep me alive! I have to stay strong for forever otherwise my forever will be decided by cigarettes! Almost a full 13 days for me! WOW! I NEVER thought I would be able to say that! Woo-hoo! I feel good! I don't want to smoke, my plan was to have a SMOKE-FREE 2009! I just fixed my problem... I don't want a smoke anymore. I just had to calm down from my stressful outburst... I just had to type out my craving. That helped a lot! Normally I just go read everyone's blogs and discussions, and that does help. But this feels much better!

This was going to be a blog post but I'm going to put it as a discussion so you guys can discuss your "forever" issues and cravings. Thanks for sitting down with me and listening to my crazy ramble, I feel a lot better!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
edith2

This is an excellent idea. I have learned that smoking was a way to cover up my bad feelings. I've had to re-learn how to deal with feelings instead of smoking over them. Having a good support system means the world to me. I have to have people in my life I can talk to when I'm having a bad day. It helps make my "mountains" into "molehills." Then they even get washed away when I ask myself, "how important is it?" Alot of things I get upset about aren't worth my energy. Thank you Megan!!
0 Kudos
barbara42

this is the first i have heard about typing out your craves, good idea. do not think of forever, take it one hour at a time, when you break up the time like this, it is easier to handle. it was to me any way. you are doing this peace!
0 Kudos
carrie8

I totally empathize with your problems with stress. I have not had a cigarette in 9 days, and I feel good, but my mom got into a car accident last night and I freaked out! She's fine, but but her car's not. I wanted a cigarette sooo bad that it was making me nauseous! But I persevered!

I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time right now, and way to go making it through without smoking! Just think, if you smoked it would make your financial situation even worse! So in the long run it would probably just add to the stress.

I totally agree that this site helps. I never have cravings while I'm on here. It's so nice, like my little escape.
Good luck with everything and way to go with your progress!!
0 Kudos