cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

cinda-wilson

Hello. New to EX.

Just wanted everyone to know my quit date is March the 13th. I know it's also Friday the 13th, but what the heck it could be a lucky day after all.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
teresa15

Welcome to the group. Congrats on setting your quit date. I am now 8 days smoke free, yeah. I was so afraid to quit that I thought I would go crazy. I way over thought the whole thing. Keeping a positive attitude helps a lot. The amazing feeling of being free of the nicotine monster,and the pride you have in yourself having accomplished this on your is awesome! I would much rather feel this great then blow smoke out of my mouth. Celebrate everyday, every minute , every second that you stay smoke free.
0 Kudos
heidi8

Who knows what fool decided that Friday the 13th was bad "luck" anyway? It's just another day and a GREAT day to start your quit. What a WONDERFUL decision you have made. My date is coming up and I agree that one can "over think" the whole thing...for some it's a good thing to do the preparation and look at the triggers and all like that there BUT for others you just kinda dive in, like when you know the water's cold, but you are so hot, you don't care cause you just want to cool off. So refresh yourself honey with some cool, clean air for your lungs and keep on going. Best to you.
0 Kudos
cinda-wilson

Thanks so much for the warm welcome and encouragement. Fridays just a couple of days away, but I feel pretty good about it. Actually alittle excited!
0 Kudos
ross

Welcome new quitters Denise and Kris,
The easiest way to make money is tax on tobacco o alcohol . I am not surprised if taxes are increased on smokers, actually I am happy if they do that.
With a simple calculation I found out that I paid more than 80,000.00 dollars on my smoke fix in the last 20 years. Just find out how much you spent on it.
I am on my 10th day, very happy and better than ever. I speak much nicer, sleep better, I am losing weight at the same time.I breath much better, more relaxed, smell GOOD after a long long time. I love my life NOW. enjoy every minute of it.

Thank you for all the people that supported me in this site, you have been great love you all
0 Kudos