cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

cinda-wilson

Today Was Kinda Bad.

I didn't smoke not 1 today! It was tuff though. I had to move my cell phone as it reminde me of cigarttes.
I will be makins at piece of art with smoking, called :"The Day I Saved My Life"
Yes I am still on the patch, lonzeges, hypnois and a plastic cigarret.
Do you all think it is bad to have a crutch like the fake Cig.?
I know it has helped me today so much. I could easily buy a pack, but I will not!
I know I can do this! I am on my way to being Smoke Free!
Love and Hugs to all!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
elaine10

We are all different--some of us can quit "cold turkey" and that is great if you can, but some of us have a tougher time of it, and if a crutch is what is needed to keep from smoking, so be it! I use a plastic straw cut about the same length as a cigarette and go out on the porch where I used to smoke and suck on my straw. It makes me feel less deprived. I also use the Nicorette gum when the cravings get too bad. I know that is prolonging getting the nicotine out of my system, but at least I am not smoking! I smoked for over 40 years, and yes, I am addicted, but I am also very highly programmed to smoke under a lot of conditions. So I am working on reprogramming. Chewing some Nicorette every once in awhile helps with the reprogramming progress. I know I am dragging it out, because after Step 1 (reprogramming), I will have Step 2 (getting the nicotine out of my system by stopping the Nicorette), but I have failed so many times in the past, and this is working so far for me, so so be it!

Do whatever it takes, and feel good about yourself for staying smokefree, no matter how you do it!

Blessings!
0 Kudos
edith2

I don't think the fake cigarette is a good idea because even though you're not smoking, you're still into your addictive behavior. I don't hold cigarettes, put one in my mouth, anything that has to do with my addictive behavior. I have an addiction that tells me I don't have one and even though I've been a non-smoker for awhile, I'm still aware of where I came from as I will never be cured.
0 Kudos
cinda-wilson

Dearest Edith,
I need my plastic cigs. It has helped me like you wouldn't believe! I am not smoking. I am inhaling air. No Tar..No Nicotene. I have been smoking for 43 years and I think the plastic cig does no harm to me or anyone else.
I am glad you quit the way you did but everyone is not the same.
Thank you so much for your reply.
Hugs.
0 Kudos
lois2

Elaine you sound a lot like me.I am a 40 years old smoker. I use the loz. I will have to wean my self off of them.I did cold turkey once for 3 weeks.
0 Kudos
edith2

Okay, I appreciate you telling me this. If the plastic cigarettes are helping you, then keep on using them. Thank you for explaining. Hugs back to you!
0 Kudos
andrew3

Hey Cinda I think the Plastic cigarette is fine for your case! Like you said you have been smoking for 43 years, and if you didn't have it you would most likely go crazy. I think it is because half of your battle is quitting the addiction to nicotine, and the second one is getting the need of the action. Right now by using the Plastic Cigarette you are keeping one half of your addiction, but you are getting rid of the base the root of the issue. Once the root is dead you can kill the head. However I do not believe you should use the plastic cigarette for more than three months. Also with in the three months you need to use it less and less, and when you have the craving use the tools you were learned. Like instead of using the plastic cigarette right when you feel the craving. Hold of on it for 5 to ten minutes. You are doing great. I could not imagine trying to quit after 43 years. I only had to quit after 3-4!
0 Kudos
cinda-wilson

Thank you Andrew! I find myself just holding the plastic cig now. Very seldom do I draw on it. Just holding it helps. Oh and another thing. Hypnosis works in strange ways. I listen to them at night before I go to sleep and when I wake in the morning I have no cravings and if I do, they only last for a moment and then I find myself taking deep breaths.
Shoot whatever works right?
Thanks again Andrew!
0 Kudos