cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tasha3

I'm BORED!!!

My biggest trigger is boredom!!! I am such a busy body -- can't seem to be able to sit and relax. Already cleaned the entire house --- dusted, mopped, laundry, you name it!! I used to be crafty but I can't even seem to find anything to keep my attention long enough! It makes me feel like having a smoke would enable me to calm down and relax --- of course, I know this is all mindset! It's the addiction talking -- telling me I can't make it without it. I'm on my 3rd day -- I know the physical addiction is gone -- it's all mental!! Any suggestions? Anyone else feeling restless??
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
lori32

start cleaning out your closets that helps the most when i really want to smoke..
0 Kudos
tasha3

Thank you! I've started jogging again! That seems to help!

zwani.com myspace graphic comments
Myspace Christian Comments & Graphics
0 Kudos
tasha3

Thanks Lori - I'm the QUEEN of organizing! I drive my boyfriend nuts but he appreciates me and just leaves me be!! The boredom is getting a bit better --
0 Kudos
lori32

after you finish the closets start on all drawers in the house..that will take you a lil while if you have as many as i do..let me know when you are done with that .....lol Lori
0 Kudos
tempest

Hello Tasha,

Have you tried to replace that need with excersize? You seem to have lots of energy and need to use it wisely. You don't have to have money for it either. Power walking is great for the bones, detoxifiing the body, and to strengthen the body. All you need is some dumbells and good walking shoes, maybe even a buddy or two.
0 Kudos
tempest

Way to go! Jogging is a great way to burn off any quitter's weight and that nasty nervous energy. I am proud of you honey, keep up the great work!!!
0 Kudos
tony3

Start writing! I'm a writer and a firm believer that if you have the time to practice (and you have about 7 minutes for each cig you used to smoke) you can write. No one needs to read it, but it will keep your hands busy and activate your brain (which for me tends to go a little haywire when I quit.) You could even try a contest such as NaNoWriMo (www.nanowrimo.org), where you are challenged to write 50,000 words in November.
0 Kudos