cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

charlie6

Quit about 2 weeks ago...

Long story short, I've was thinking seriously about quiting before I did. Oddly enough I was at a drug store and saw the patches were on sale. I bought a couple of boxes and decided to quit smoking that day. Fast forward two weeks, I've smoked 3 cigs since the day I decided to quit. I think I'm doing fairly well considering I kind of started this half hearted. This morning I had the shakes something awful. I was on my last patch of 21mg or step 1. I had an upset stomach and rapid heartbeat also. Has anyone else experienced this? Was I ODing on nicotine? Should I step down to the 14mgs now? I don't want to give up on this attempt to quit.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
greg14

I agree with the others ,consult your doctor . But I must say too t hat you are not suppose to smoke at all while you are using the patches either while on them. And for this reason the patches have nicotine in them that go into your system that keep you from craving and when you smoke on thepatch, you are conterbalancing with with the drugs in the patches. But go see a doctor and don't smoke while on the patches !

Good Luck!
0 Kudos