cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

Starting my 2nd week

And I'm not smoke-free, yet. The chantix makes me extremely sick to my stomach and I also am getting up at 2 am and Iam up for the day! My nerves seem to be shot and I stay shakey. Anyone else with these problems? How do you cope?
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
sher

Make sure you eat something before taking Chantix, that is how I made it though those days, it just happened to me if I didn't eat before I took the pill.
0 Kudos
maria9

Sher I was going to say the same thing, eat before and also drink plenty of water. Also you need to set a quit date even if it's the third week, that's when I did it, but you still have to pick a quit day and don't buy smokes, you'll just be undermining yourself. You can do this, you'll feel great when you do.
0 Kudos
sher

The first time, it took me 3 weeks to start date, and the second time, (yes I messed up ) 20 days without, then smoked for another 2 weeks start Chantix again, 1 week quit date, and stopped. You need that quit date, it will help you to plan, I cleaned my house got rid of all ashtrays.
0 Kudos
cindi

Hi. Today is my 21st day smoke free after 35 years of smoking. Chantix has worked better for me than i would have ever believed. As the others said, eat and drink water with the pills, I have not had that side effect but I read somewhere else that taking them with juice works better than just water. ??
As far as getting up...I had that problem either I could not fall asleep till about that time or just the opposite, up at that time for the day. My doctor recommended that I take a diphenhydramine when I go to bed. ( antihistimine ) I tried it last night and I slept straight thru the night. Just made me drowsy enough to stay asleep I guess. I was so happy after 3 weeks of being tired...No problem here with nerves or being shaky....everyone has different side effects.
Hang in there , talk to your Dr if things don't get better for you. Going thru all these things might not be too fun BUT more than worth it to me to get off the cigarettes !
0 Kudos
laura26

Hi I had really bad dreams and anxiety+bloating sometime if you split the pills it helps. Talk to your Dr about it see what mg would still be effective without so many side effects. Sometimes Chantix then the gum works well too. Hope you can get some better sleep.
0 Kudos