cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

karen31

I finally did it!!!

I have been on Chantix for 5 weeks - I started it and then had a family vacation and since I didn't quit before I decided to wait til after. I quit on 8/15/08 and am on my 4th day. The first day wasn't too bad but this weekend was harder. My husband still smokes although he was very considerate and supportive to me this weekend. I don't think I could have ever done it without the Chantix. The urges are there but not to the extent where I can't control them and although I am a little cranky at times I am not a total lunatic either. I am so glad I didn't have to use the patch also cuz I want the nicotine gone for good. Anyway, we are all in the same boat and hopefully will conquer these urges one day at a time.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
2 Replies
SaraSmile

I've been quit for 27 days using Chantix! It really does work!
Keep up the good work! You can do it! This place is also a
BIG help to me!
Sara
Prosper in peace
0 Kudos
karen31

Thanks for all the encouragement. If I can do it anyone can!!! I do hope it gets easier as time goes on cuz there are times when it gets really hard. But not hard enough to handle!!! I also have been getting great responses from everyone I have told and that really helps. We need those pats on the backs right now!!!! And you can use nicotine replacement tools such as gum and patches with Chantix, according to my Dr.
0 Kudos