cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

mr1957

Dreams..........

I have done the chantix 4 times this year. This is the last time!! I take it for about 3 weeks, and my damn dreams get so wierd that I stop. Then smoke with in a week. Now I realized that I expected the medication to do the quiting for me. I realize that that is pretty fantasy based crap. I need to admitt to myself that chantix is a great aid, but I cant take it forever.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
carla6

I have been taking Chantix for 3 weeks now, and have been smoke free for two weeks. I do have some wild dreams on the med, but to be honest, I find them very interesting, sometimes strange, but very interesting. So far, nothing really scary though. I am finding that the benefits of Chantix are far outweighing some of the side effects. I have tried to quite may times before without success, but with Chantix, gladly I can say, it's been fairly "easy." That's not to say I don't have my moments, but for the most part it's been all good. I am happy.
0 Kudos
lynn8

I'm on the end of week 2 with it and the dreams started coming the first night that I quit!
Last night was the worst but it's my understanding that they tend to "settle down" after a while.
The first 3 weeks of quitting can be the toughest. I don't know that personally yet, but many I have spoken to have said it to me.
STICK WITH IT! YOU CAN DO IT! We have to deal with certain situations in order to get through this!
0 Kudos
bill-v_

I've been done with Chantix for a couple of weeks now, and I really do miss the dreams! I considered them a bonus....and yes, I had really bizarre ones that I could've sworn were real. You hit the nail right on the head Mr. 1957....there is absolutely no magic pill, gum or patch that will make you stop smoking. Only you are strong enough to quit. And only then when you are serious about it. I smoked for almost 35 years, and if I can quit, anyone can. No whining, crying or trying...do it and never go back.

Bill V.
Almost 100 days quit
0 Kudos
mr1957

That isnt extreme!! They are the same as meth or any other drug 8-3-83 is my clean date...I'm working on 5 days without a cig. For whatever reason, the cigs are harder to stop. And right now I dont care about why!! If I dont smoke right now, I never have to smoke again, because it is always right now!!! Wish me luck
0 Kudos
mr1957

Right on Brother Bill!!!
0 Kudos
amye78

I just finished week 2 on the Chantix. I havent smoked in 4 days now and I am feeling pretty strong about it. I have some light cravings but they are really manageable. After 15 years of smoking it isnt bad at all. But oh lord those dreams. I had a really involved one about getting bad service at Red Lobster...with relatives that I dont actually have...my doc said to start taking it earlier in the day. She said as long as they are 6 hours apart. I take the first around 7 and then the second around 3 or 4 and that has helped A LOT!! Good luck and stay strong...it does seem to get easier.
0 Kudos