cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

dianne4

I need a quit smoking buddy

I am a 43 year old single mother in Florida and I have smoked for the most part for 28 years. I did manage to quit during most of my pregnancies, but always went back. Last year I quit for 6 months, but I ended up "JUST HAVING ONE"...you know the rest.
Is there anyone as sick and tired of smoking as I am? I want to quit and quit for life. I am overweight, tired and sick to death of not feeling well.
Anyone else ready to give it a go? I'd love to have one or ten people quit with me and take my support as well as give me support in return.
I want to live.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
elizabeth17

I'll be your buddy!
0 Kudos
brenda9

DIANNE I KNOW JUST HOW YOU FEEL I AM 44 YEARS OLD LIVE IN NEW YORK AND I'LL BE YOUR BUDDY. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THESE DIRTY THINGS TOO. DID YOU SET A QUIT SATE YET?
0 Kudos
dianne4

I am trying to muster up a date...two weeks? When do you think you'll be ready to take the plunge? I want to do it for the last time this time.
0 Kudos
gail7

I am also a single mom and I would love to have help and suport with doing this. So if you are interested then lets do this
0 Kudos
dianne4

You've already quit? Good for you!!! I'd be glad to offer you support and hope you have a shoulder to lean on in return.
0 Kudos
dianne4

I'm thinking of stopping on May 11th...you up for it?
0 Kudos
brenda9

i am thinking may 5th because that is the start of my week vacation from work and I figure I wont have to be bothered with any co-workers bs.
0 Kudos
hesmysonshine

Hi Dianne

I'm a 41 yr old single Mom in NJ and I too want so desperately to quit smoking. Honestly I've come to a point where I don't really 'enjoy' them as much as I used to. And I've become so much more aware of the smell on my clothes and hands and I find myself so embarassed that when I get on the elevator at work that people know the 'smell' is coming from me! Its awful. I only have one child and he will be 4 the 23rd of June. I want so badly to be able to say that I quit smoking come his birthday.

For the past couple weeks I've been saying that today, May 1st would be my quit day. Now that its here I feel like I'm falling apart. I was going to being Chantix today which would allow me to continue to smoke for 1 week. I smoked 1 1/2 this morning while getting ready for work. And another 1/2 when I got to work at 8 a.m. Its not 10:48 a.m. and I would have gone down at least two or there times by now for another smoke but I haven't. I'm trying to break free from old habits and maybe allow myself one when I get out of work but if not then I'll just wait until I get home. If I can do that then that would have me cut down from 15 smokes a day to about 3 - 4. Wow. Insane. But I want to quit completely. I just don't want to do it on Chantix. The warnings on those pills have my nerves shot and I don't want to risk taking them.

I guess what I wanted to say is that I will be your quit buddy if you're still open for one. Please write back and let me know.

{{Hugs}}
Arlene
0 Kudos
sue16

Hi Everyone!! I am a 41 yr old NJ women,Like most everyone i keep saying ill do this day or that day & i finally took the plunge & quit on Tuesday 4-28-08,yesterday was a rough day i wanted that cig so bad so when i got that urge to smoke i used a toothpick to chew on gave me something to do while i was having the urge, im also using that patch & will stop using that next week to see how im doing. i drink alot of water i use to only drink DR Pepper gave that up 6 months ago,I did try the chantix,but it wasnt for me i had alot of the side effects with that . I made myself a promise that by the time i hit my next birthdat on 5-25 i would be smoke free. My youngest daughter is 2 yrs old & i would like to be there for a great part of her life
0 Kudos