cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

becky11

Chantix Day 10-Tomorrow Is Quit Day

HI Everyone,
My name is Becky. I am a 27 y.o. SAHM of 3. I started smoking 15 years ago and tomorrow is my quit date. I started Chantix 10 days ago, and have pushed my quit date back a couple of times. I've decided to make tomorrow my day as my way of contributing to the change in the world. My hubby used Chantix to quit and has been quit since 1/1/09, so I have great support.

Anyways, I just wanted to reach out and say "Hi" before my day comes so in case I freak out I have somewhere to turn...lol

Take care,
Becky
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
jan9

GOOD Luck tomorrow!!! You can do it. Your right your husband will be great support for you, but if you have the need to freak out just know I'm here pulling for you.
I was told that we can have control over our thoughts that pop in our head. That when a wrong thought enters our mind we can change that thought and sometimes it takes changing what we are doing at the time or saying a positive message to ourself to change that thought. Think postive.
0 Kudos
sally3

You can do it Becky! I'm also on Chantix. I have been following the program. This is my 11th day wiithout smokes.
My husband also quit - 12/31/08. He quit cold Turkey. I just could not do that. Also sign up on the Chantix Web Site. It is a good site to check in daily. Good luck! We're all here for you!
0 Kudos
sally3

Hi Becky,

Just checking in to see how you did today. I know the first day is hard, but remember we are all there for you.
Keep it up!
0 Kudos
becky11

Hi Sally,
I've done great so far! I had my last smoke on Jan. 19th at aout 9pm and haven't smoked since. I'm still a bit nervous as I go to meetings for a 12 step program and lots of people smoke there. So, we'll see. I think I'll do fine. Yesterday I stayed home and gave myself permission to feel, and eat whatever I wanted (within reason), and that worked! I am happy to say that I am officially 39 hours nicotine free!!

Thanks for checking on me!
0 Kudos
becky11

Hi Jan!
Thank you so much for the confidence!! I've done well so far! I'm on Day 2 of being quit and so far its going okay. Still feeling the cravings but I do change my thoughts and change what I'm doing and then I forget that I wanted a ciggerette. So it's great! I hope you're doing okay!

Take care!
0 Kudos
sally3

Congratulations! That first day is tough!

Whenever you go somewhere where there are allot of people smoking take plenty of candy to suck on.
I bought a bunch of sugar free because of course I didn't want to also gain allot of weight. So far so good. Also whenever you want one just sit back and take deep breaths. That seemed to help. Maybe these tips will work with you. I hate to say it but my first week I wore a rubber band around my wrist and snapped it hard when I wanted one. Oh well whatever works!
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! I'M RIGHT THERE WITH YOU!

Good luck!!!!
0 Kudos
jan9

I'm so glad things are going well for you. Sounds like your doing great. Just keep it going 🙂
0 Kudos