cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

quin

The Process - Working toward a quit date!

I've finally started reading the site a bit.  I've made it through the initial "Learn About EX".  Woot!  I'm now into my "Tracking your Cigarettes" to find the cycles and triggers that induce me to smoke.  I jumped ahead just a little bit and did pick a quit date.  November 3rd.

Today, I begin to deny myself immediate gratification once I get the urge from a trigger.  Like, right now...I wanted to schmoke a schmigarette.  But, instead I've decided to log in here and type up a topic in the group area.  This has taken me five minutes so far.  The little "deny yourself" tutorial suggested that waiting five minutes was a good starting point, so I'm going to go running outside like a little girl and smoke 🙂

See you guys when next I want to smoke.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
vikkig2

Way to go Jeremy!!!  Glad to see you have chosen your quit date.....and it's okay to go running outside like a little girl and smoke!!!  Remember no guilt 🙂  You took the first step and that can be the most difficult step to take.

It's Wednesday night and I'm two days away from becoming a "NON SMOKER"  geez....I'm getting a little nervous.  Purchased patches today - thought it would be a good day to try them cause I had to fly to Cincinnati and you know how airports frown on smoking...like flying isn't stressful right?  Well I made it from Little Rock to Cincinnati with the patch but I RIPPED that sucker off when I went outside and lit up...you know what?  It didn't taste as good as I thought it would....of course I'm staying in a smoke free hotel(oh what a surprise) AND we lost electricity here for about an hour and a half.  HAD to go outside and smoke ...what else was I going to do.  Guess I should have come here and posted instead.

REALLY want to smoke now...will do my best to fight the urge.

See you when I'm back in the office.....

0 Kudos