cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

John-C.

Roll Call!

How is everyone doing with their quits? I'd like to ask the members of this group to sound off, let us know how you are going with your quits, no matter what shape they may be in.

I created this group because I felt 10 days was a significant period of time, and that extra care during this time really increases your chances of staying quit long-term. I hope that we, together, can provide the right support to one another.

I will start: I have maintained my most recent quit after several no-go attempts, I am on Day Seventeen... started with the nicotine gum, but got off of it four days later. Two weeks was a real breach for me, and I am really relieved that I am having no more serious cravings. nEXt?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
glen.haizlip

Almost through day 2! Cold turkey for me.
0 Kudos
linda8

Hello, Currently at 11 days closing in on 12 very quickly. Also cold turkey.
0 Kudos
katheen

Hi my name is Kathleen and I need all the prayers that everyone can send our way you see we keep having trouble getting past a certain day and then all hell breaks loose and we start smoking all over again whether only one day or several days at a time. I have been to the Dr. and now I have stage 3 of the COPD and God is my witness we have tried several times to quit this addiction and so far we only get 11 days and then fall back to the smoking again and I need everyone to just keep us in your thoughts and prayers for awaile until we can beat this thing.
P. S. I just started again today for not smoking so Please Help us.

LLOX Kathleen
0 Kudos
katheen

We are going out of town this weekend to Danny's parens house and there is a smoker in the house and I'm scared that we may relapse and go back to smoking because we have in the past and that is a scary thought. I will not have access to a computer otherwise I would'nt be as scared but this has been my lifeline lately and I don't want to relapse. Any suggestions would be appreachated at this time.

LOLOX Kathleen
0 Kudos
John-C.

Take along a little reminder of your commitment. I made a card that had my reasons for quitting (three of them), some inspirational quotes and a photo of my nieces and nephews. This was useful when I had no online access to this site. Avoid areas where there may be smoking. Practice declining the possible offer of a cigarette before you go. Best wishes: stay focused, stay positive and stay strong. Let us know how it goes!
0 Kudos
katheen

Hi everyone it's me and I have five days of not smoking and it's been a tough one this time and I am determaned not to let anything get in my way of smoking this time I called my casemanger and told him that I was having a problem with transportation and he said that they will pay for a taxi to come to get me for this appointment. I did not have to leave town this way and thank God for that because I sure was'nt looking forward to it at all, eventhough I know that I cannot keep avoiding it but for now it's alright.
0 Kudos