cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

sherri10

Smoking meetings, new play pals and play pens

Nearly all of my friends are smokers. All of the meetings I go to are smoking meetings. Most of my friends only go to smoking meetings.

My friends don't smoke when they are at my house. And they will still come to my house.

When we go out, we always sit outside to accomadate those that don't smoke. So when we go out, I will still be around smoke.

It seems like God keeps reminding of the saying I heard so much when I got sober, "New play pens and play pals".
I went to a meeting last night. Only me and one other person were not smoking. Someone turned on a fan and all of the smoke blew right into my face, so I moved. She was a newcomer and it seemed to hurt her feelings. (You know how sensative we are when we first clean up).

I know this is just one of those things I have to deal with since I wan't to live a longer healthier life.

I wan't to die pulling weeds in my garden......not pulling an oxygen tank around with me everywhere I go.

PS Can someone tell me how to add that quit meter thingy to my posts????

Sherri
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
mr1957

There are still smoking meetings? I thought they had gone the way of the dinasour.
0 Kudos
sherri10

I guess in small hicktowns like Brenham Texas, where I go to meetings, we are still a bit behind the times!
0 Kudos
1940slover

I don't know how to to add that quit meter but here where I live, no smoking meetings either.  If they help though keep going!  I'm going to find some phone or online meetings because unfortunately the only meetings I seem to see is in Missouri and I don't want to go across state lines every week.

0 Kudos