cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

erick2

Bad Taste Day 10

Is it the pill? I seem to have a weird taste in my mouth despite regular oral hygiene. Anyone else?
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
donna22

Yes Erick I had a weird taste also, it's not so bad now but still there, someone said to put a little dab or baking soda on your tongue and it would help neutralize the taste....worth a try I quess...
Is everything else ok? 10 days is great, keep on going
0 Kudos
erick2

Yeah, I guess everything else is ok. Today I feel a little off. Maybe slightly depressed and anxious. Have you run into anything like this? If so, does it get better or is this a sign of whats to come?
0 Kudos
donna22

I just replied to your other post, just wanted to say that in my experience everything just got better each day not worse.
0 Kudos
christine2007

I didn't notice anything in particular except for the 'lack of bad taste' due to butts. As I smoked less the actual taste of the cigarettes started to repulse me right up to my quit date. I don't think I ever really thought about how bad butts taste.

But, even if there is a slight bad taste for you... isn't it worth it? 😃

Christine
0 Kudos
deb7

I noticed the bad taste in my mouth an hour after taking my first Chantix pill. Another thing I noticed is that when I eat something with sugar, like mini powdered sugar donuts, they taste like too much sugar. Strange. Has anyone else noticed this?
0 Kudos
christine2007

No, I never had that experience... but after awhile I started drinking less and less coffee and now have only three or four cups in a week. (I used to drink that in a morning!) My overall experience on this was incredibly positive. My blood pressure improved dramatically. After the first couple of weeks, I slept better. (However, I've been dealing with perimenopausal insomnia for a few years now... that comes and goes.)

I'd take Chantix all over again if I had to make the decision. Fortunately, I'm never ever going to smoke again... so I won't have to.
0 Kudos
deb7

I am hoping I can one day say the same thing too! I really think with the added help of Chantix I can do this along with changing my behavior. Doing things that I always did with a cigarette. Kind of like that commercial I see on tv where that lady is trying to drive her car without smoking. It really is like that! LOL!
0 Kudos