cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

pat7

Hynosis

Hi,

Has anyone tried hypnotherapy to quit smoking. I have an individual session next Wednesday with a therapist who has had a 75% success rate helping smokers quit. Her fee is $200. for an approximate 1 1/2 hour session with 3 months of 10-15 minutes follow-up sessions if needed. Am I about to waste my money?

What do ya'll think?

Pat
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
jennie3

I personally do not know very much about it I had an aunt who did it though a had sucess also another person I know said it worked then like 5yrs later she smoked she did say she wuold do it again though and last i knew she has'nt smoked since the 2nd session sry i can't be more help best of luck let me know how it works out for you!
0 Kudos
pat7

Thanks for responding. Sounds like it has been successful for the 2 people you know that experienced it. My session is next Wednesday. I will definitely let you know if it works for me.
0 Kudos
nan7

Hi Pat, I have done hypnosis several times. The most recent, I paid $500, and she guarenteed that I would quit or I could keep coming back until I did quit. The longest I quit after that hypnosis was for 12 miles of a 20 miles trip back home. And I did keep going back.....5 times. And it became less and less effective. Do you think she gave my money back? NO

IF you want to try it, I think you should negotiate. TELL the hypnotist you would like the hypnosis first, then, AFTER IT WORKS, you could pay her $200. How does that sound? Get the merchandise first, then pay for it.

A 75% success rate???????? Oh, rea-l-l-l-y. Does she have any professional or patient references with regard to her skill?

There is no magic. To quit I used my state's FREE call in quit-line, they sent me FREE patches and I use this FREE web-site. After 40 years of smoking I am now smoke-FREE FOR 59 DAYS.
0 Kudos
jennie3

that is what i did too my state sent out the patches to me and i have not smoked in about 6wks.Thnx for shareing that experince with us nancy i love to hear how things work for others trying too quit and good luck pat with your quit
0 Kudos
pat7

Hi Nancy, I like the negotiation part but doubt if she will go for it. Actually, I started quitting yesterday cold turkey. It hasn't been 24 hours yet but I was surprised that I didn't totally crave that first morning cig. If I make it through today and tomorrow I will cancel the hypnosis session. I am tired of smelling like an ashtray so my desire is strong. I do think I will make it.

Congrats on being smoke free for 2 months. You have it licked. The worst is over. I wish you continued good luck and much success.
0 Kudos
nan7

GOOD FOR YOU ON THE COLD TURKEY ! ! ! WOW. and you just made $200. What special gift would you like to buy for yourself with the $200?

If you need a little help on the cold turkey, you can always use a piece of nic-gum, or a patch, or lozenge. Great job! ! ! It can be tough the first 5-6 days. Expect it....and plan for it. You absolutely can get through. We all have gone through the same thing.
Photobucket
0 Kudos