cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lashonda23

Where's the panic button when u need it?

I had my last cigarette today about 10:00am ... I'm like sooooooo craving one really really really bad somebody help me please please help me I want a cigarette but I don't want one. How do I stop the cravings???!!!!! I'm pulling my hair out over here!!!!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
ryan11

Are you taking nicotine replacement or any medication? I'm going on week five now, so I know what you mean. The first few days up to a week can be really hard. Find something to take your mind off it. For me during day one and two I actually took a short nap sometimes to relieve the immediate state of mind. There's lots of information (gadgets? or the book) about techniques you can use to fight the urges.
0 Kudos
sharon55

check out the Panic Button on www.BecomeAnEX.org --- GOOD LUCK!
0 Kudos
lashonda23

no no medication i'm kinda shaky abou those now since me and chantix didn't get along at all. i'll to stay occupied 🙂
0 Kudos
lashonda23

thanks sharonwe'll see what happens
0 Kudos
danielle29

I have now been smoke free for almost 4 months. I remember it just like it was yesterday. The cravings are really bad at the beginning than they get easier. Just tell yourself that you can do it and believe in yourself. I used peppermints and cough drops also. If you put either in your mouth than try to smoke that will make the cig taste really bad than you can reference to that and remember how bad it tasted. Just keep it up. In the long run you are healthier for yourself and your family.
0 Kudos
lashonda23

thanks, danielle. I'll give that a try.
0 Kudos
bobrickert

It is hard ...to day is day 3 for me..try not to think about them all the time..get your mind on something else..take a walk if you can...get a drink of water...talk to somebody about the urge...it is hard keep on track
0 Kudos
lashonda23

ok thanks
0 Kudos