cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

Stac2

Looking for Chantix Support

I am on day 18 of Chantix and it seems to be working.  I am down from 1/2 ppd to 3-4 cigs per day.  Today, I woke up and am having major cigarette cravings and for first time since starting Chantix the cigs don't have a bad taste today.

I am also bummed because I feel like Chantix is possibly causing me fluid retention and constipation.  I started a healthy eating program via registered dietician and started working out with a personal trainer the day after starting Chantix because I did not want to gain weight as a result of quitting smoking and also wanted to turn my whole life around - quit smoking, eat healthy, get in shape.  After 16 days of getting into this healthy lifestyle, I have only lost 3 lbs and my legs feel like tree trunks.  I feel like my body is holding onto fluid like crazy.  My nutritionist and trianer tell me my body is acting out because it is in shock with all of the changes I am making but I feel alone.

Has anyone else taking Chantix had 1) fluid retention; 2) a day where Chantix seemed to not be working as well as on other days?

I am looking for support out there because quitting smoking is hard as hell and I am getting discouraged with all this water retention since I know I am eating better than I have in over 10 years.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Rick_M

Hi there. This group is not well attended. Ya might want to go to the blogs and post something on there. Many members are on the blogs. I took Chantix 4 yrs ago and quit. I had no adverse side effects. I took it for 7 days and quit smoking on day eight as was recomended back then. Cutting down is great but even a few smokes a day will prolong your withdrawal from nicotine. Quit lighting up and take it one day at a time. I quit after 35 yrs of smoking and never looked back. You can quit.  

0 Kudos
Stac2

Rick, thank you for the information, advice and support.  I really need it badly so I'll switch over to the blogs.  Congratulations to you and way to go. 

0 Kudos
Stac2

Rick, thank you for the information, advice and support.  I really need it badly so I'll switch over to the blogs.  Congratulations to you and way to go. 

0 Kudos
Stac2

0 Kudos
Stac2

0 Kudos
cruetf65

I am so glad Chantix is is working for you Stac2. The reason for writing taking Chanix this 2nd time. First time no cravings at All. Not this time day 18. No results, still cravings. Strange any advice I keep using Chantix hoping ! God i need for it to work.

0 Kudos