cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

pinkbabydust

Today is day 4 for me

I started using the Nicotine Patch 4 days ago. I am using step one because I smoked 1-2 packs per cigarettes every single day. On a bad day, maybe more. Yesterday seemed to be the hardest for me. The urges to smoke were so bad and they occured what seemed to be every minute. I only had about 4 cravings today. My main goal for quitting is to have a baby. I suffer from secondary infertility and I believe it has a lot to do with smoking as it reduces fertility by 50% and ages your reproductive organs by 10 years. So that is my motivation.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
crystal8

I am on day 6. Yesterday was the worst!!!! The patch doesn't help me with the cravings but seems to calm me a little. I smoked the same amount as you.
Good luck with starting a family!!
0 Kudos
mike91

I am using a patch too! It's a genertic type i dont use it all the time. I'm on day 8 and it was hard today. All i think about is smoking. I dont know what to do with myself. I hope these patches work! Hang in there.....I know you can do it
0 Kudos
nikki0885

So I'm on day four of the patch myself, just wanted to see how you're doing. Did the patch work for you? Any additional tips at getting past the cravings? Are you still getting any cravings now almost 5 mos later?
0 Kudos
pam18

hi nikki. i've been using patches since oct. 26 i do not have physical cravings BUT i cannot get past the mental cravings. I'm at for the most part 1 cig. a day.
0 Kudos
nory

I am the end of day ONE! Well it was a different day thats for sure, woke up this morning and slapped it on, and had no withdrawals at all, felt very bored, because my cigarette was calling me, and i wasnt answering. Throughout the day at work, wasnt bad, but i definetely wanted a cig, didnt need one, but the want sucked, it passed every time, but boy they were tough at times, now the big one, bedtime and the patch, heard alot about it, dreams and stuff. So i just hope those mental mind games stop or slow down, cuz wow, they are crazy strong at times, feels like it takes all i got, to surpass them. Thanks for all for listening. It helps sooo much to have a support group.
0 Kudos
Cimstrong

I have been on the patch for 28 days now. It has done for me what it is to do, and that is to take the edge off of nicotine withdraw. I have had bad days when the" I need a cigarette" hit me, but that was not because of wanting/craving nicotine it was from years of smoking. I do have to admit that I did forget to put the patch on, on day 14 and 6 hours into my day I became very angry, and it kept escalating. I finally remembered that I forgot the patch.  (urggg was I mad then) After I made it home and put the patch on and paced it out for about 15 minutes I felt better. The patch works for withdraw from nicotine and not our habitual habits.  I do have to admit that I'm getting ready to step down to the "step 2" and I'm nervous about it, just due to the fact that I had such a bad withdraw on day 14. I'm really worried about the day I have no more patches.

0 Kudos