cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

amanda57

Introducing...well...me

Hi, I have joined this website and a few of the groups on here. I am desperately trying to quit smoking again but my boyfriend is still a pack a day smoker. I have two boys (7 and 2) and am expecting another baby in April. I quit smoking with my first pregnancy, but that was 'easier' b/c my husband at the time was a non-smoker. I tried all through my second pregnancy to quit but just couldn't. My boyfriend never tried to quit but would constantly badger me as to how many cigs I smoked in a day, and to be honest that just made me want to smoke more out of anger and frustration I suppose. I have tried to quit several times in the last 2 years and when I found out i was (quite unexpectedly) pregnant again decided it was as good a time as any to try and quit again. I asked my boyfriend to quit with me but it seems as if it is just not his time right now, or something like that. I am terrified of failing and feel like a major jerk every time I light up and think of the damage i am doing to my unborn child. I want to quit. I want my life to be different and my pregnancy to be more 'healthy'. I want to improve the length and QUALITY of my life, and save money!! Nothing makes a person feel more like an idiot than walking into a store every day and actually PAYING someone to kill me slowly. I have went from a pack a day habit to 3 or 4 cigs a day in less than a week (since I found out I was pregnant) and my quit date is Sept 15. Wish me luck...and good luck to all of you too!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies